The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Last edited:
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
The guitar top left looks very similar to my Yamaha G-245s... What is it?
No idea im afraid. Its Mrs D's cheapo spanosh guitar from her schooldays, kept solely for sentimental reasons.

The bass on the right is my recently completed Fauxnder ash bodied PB, which I love to bits.

The black Precision has had an interesting life. Firstly, just upgrades to the guard, originally white. Then new electrics. Around 2010, the neck, which was incredibly thin front-to-back, started to bow, and kept on going until the truss rod started to break through the back of the neck. It went through several necks: an Allparts black blocks-and-binding Jazz neck. Then a Squier VM77 white pearl blocks-and-binding neck, really lovely to play. Then a battered but best of all to play, American Special Jazz neck. Finances forced me to reassemble and sell the American Special Jazz. So when when finances turned around, I bought a brand new 2014 American Special Jazz neck for it, with lollipop Hipshot tuners, and that's how it still is today. Another that I wish I'd kept: that Squier neck got fitted to a Squier VM Precision body which originally had a fretless neck. I put a Seymour Duncan SPB-3 vintage style pickup in it. It was a real monster of a P-bass. And it weighed under 7lb. Bassists can be weight weenies too!
I'll see if I can dig out a pic...

Monochrome, but it was sunburst, with a tort guard. This was an open-air gig, and we got eaten alive by bugs. It could have been Florida, but was in fact Okehampton...
:biggrin:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Competition time again...

"This month, we're giving away a Line 6 Helix Stomp to one lucky winner..."

"Only those who sign up between 05/10/20 and 30/10/20 will be entered into the draw. Winners will be selected at random and will be informed via email.

Competitions are open to all except employees of GUITARGUITAR Ltd, the companies or organisations with whom the competition is being run, their agents or anyone directly connected with the competition. Competition only open to entrants in the UK. Prizes are as stated only and no cash alternatives will be given; our standard liability Terms & Conditions will apply too.
"

Enter HERE.

ColinJ

Tip: don't use Brave browser for this comp, it won't show the entry point! I used Edge.
It amazes me that there are still incompatibilities between certain sites and certain browsers. Somebody recommended rawpixel.com to me for stock images. When I open the home page in Chrome version 86.0.4240.75 (Windows) it won't let me access the links at the bottom of the page. Every time I go to click on one the page scrolls up and fills with more images... Weird and annoying behaviour***!

*** Could somebody else running that version of Chrome see if the same thing happens to them. I don't think that the problem is with my setup, but if nobody else has the problem I will try to find out what is going wrong.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
It works well on my Android phone too.

Windows/Chrome anybody...? :whistle:
Windows/Chrome here... I can only get to the bottom of the page by dragging the scroller bar all the way down; the links in the footer aren't live, then the page loads more images and I'm no longer at the bottom of the page :wacko:

Looks like a good image site though :okay:

I reckon what's happening with the links is a shoddy build at their end... it's up to them to make sure everything works on all the major browsers.

[edit]... only seems to happen on the index page. click on a keyword and use the search and the footer works properly

Last edited:

ColinJ

Windows/Chrome here... I can only get to the bottom of the page by dragging the scroller bar all the way down; the links in the footer aren't live, then the page loads more images and I'm no longer at the bottom of the page :wacko:

Looks like a good image site though :okay:

I reckon what's happening with the links is a shoddy build at their end... it's up to them to make sure everything works on all the major browsers.
Right, that is exactly what happens with me.

It does look like a good site otherwise. I have emailed them to tell them about the problem.

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Right, that is exactly what happens with me.

It does look like a good site otherwise. I might get in touch and remind them to check other browsers!
I edited to add that it's only on their home/index page... keyword searches deliver a page that isn't infinitely adding more and more images as you scroll down

Top Bottom