The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the snail

Guru
I've ordered an acoustic round-back guitar from Thomann and got quite excited this morning when they emailed to say it was on its way - until I realised it is on its way from Germany. You know what importing goods are like now so by the time it arrives, I'll probably have forgotten I ordered it and should have bought from Britain. But it did look such a very good deal.
Don't get too excited, I've ordered one from them twice now this year, both times made it to Dortmund, then went to 'return to sender' on the tracking page and I got a refund:sad:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Dunno where to post this but this thread is a bit obscure so enjoy

View: https://youtu.be/ARr2l4TLDsE

Aye it does for me too.:sad:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
@Drago Have you looked at Thomann for a short scale bass? Their Harley Benton instruments seem pretty decent for the money...
I think he has already noticed...
Interesting day at sossity Drago.

Mini D declared she wants to play bass, just like her Dad, so today I ordered her a 3/4 size precision for her forthcoming 9th Birthday.

And then I managed to persuade Mrs D to allow me to convert the spare room into a music room so I can finally set up a proper home studio. Ding dong!

Those cheap Harley Benton Fakenbackers are selling alike hotcakes and they've had some very positive reviews. Tempted myself to get a plain wood finish version and create a Lemmy clone.
Thinking about getting one of those Harley Benton Thunderbird clones.
Think I might try one of the Harley Benton Stingray copies for Christmas. Maybe a bit of 5 string action?
NBD!!!

View attachment 560091

Flawless finish, superbly set up, feels fantastic in the hands and sounds lubberly! Makes Squiers in the £400 range look like a shoddily finished sick joke.

All hail Harley Benton.
:okay:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I really do fancy a Hofner Shorty. I van see me impulsively ordering one very soon and then trying to sneak it into the studio, and in 3 months when Mrs D finally notices it ill pretend ive had it for ages...

PaulB

Legendary Member
My guitar arrived this morning, a week earlier than the last email promised so well done to Thomann for under-promising and over-delivering!

I did have a full day's worked planned but after that knock on the door and my unveil...sorry, unwrapping of my new joy-bringer, you're lucky I've found time to write this!

ColinJ

My guitar arrived this morning, a week earlier than the last email promised so well done to Thomann for under-promising and over-delivering!
Did you get hit with any extra charges or did you just pay what was shown on the website?

I stopped doing US guitar competitions because I realised that I wouldn't be able to afford VAT and import duties on any prizes won.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Did you get hit with any extra charges or did you just pay what was shown on the website?

I stopped doing US guitar competitions because I realised that I wouldn't be able to afford VAT and import duties on any prizes won.
Nope, nothing at all. I got an excellent deal with the guitar, a strap and spare strings all for under £100! I had my eye on one in my local second-hand shop that I'd have gone for if this one had gone astray but that was dearer than the one I got. It sounds superb as well.

ColinJ

I needed a new string for my classical guitar but it isn't worth trying to buy just one so I went online to order a full set.

I thought I'd have a look on ebay and see what I could find. I found a company doing a set for £2.99, and free p&p [HERE]. At that price it is worth a punt. They may turn out to be rubbish, but if they are any good at all, that is an absolute bargain. Then I spotted the 'make an offer' button... I offered £5 for two sets of strings and the offer was accepted.

Once I have put the new strings on, I promise that I will get back into practising! :laugh:

Top Bottom