The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Sorry Monty, my bad. Not temperature hot - they're passive pickups and are at ambient temperature. I mean the output is very high.
LOL... you muso types with your hip talk 😎

It took me a while to work out what 'pups' were on the telecaster forum.

I told you electrics wasn't my strong point :laugh:

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Also probably worth mentioning what ever you fit in the body you may need to remove at some point in the future so leave enough space to manoeuvre. Soldered wires will increase the space a little bit and you don't want to risk breaking soldered connections when fitting or removing. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious but thought it worth a mention.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
It was nice of the guy from Warman to throw in three capacitors and a bit of an explanation regarding the values, although I've no idea what 'PRS' is. But if the .47 is common and the .66 cuts a lot of treble, then I'm guessing the .33 will be quite trebly??? As a listener, I do like the fat bass sound which leans me towards the .66 ...but it's probably more sensible to just put in the common one.

The tone pot is 500K linear... not sure if that makes any difference to capacitor choice. Any advice would be appreciated :smile:

I've just been watching a few YT vids comparing different capacitors and they all sound more or less exactly the same to me... so I'll put one in the bass and two in the bin ^_^

The cedar soundboard arrived today... it smells like cedar :ohmy:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thanks Colin. Entered 6 times ;)
Sooner or later one of us will win one of these guitars (, effects units, amps, whatever)! :whistle:

I enter lots of competitions and find most of them on Loquax. I copy details of any guitar-related ones here.

Years ago when I still did postal entries, a colleague saw me posting 10 coming entries. I got the "It's all a scam. Nobody ever wins anything OR They give the prizes to their families and friends..." spiel. Ha - I won 2 or 3 prizes from those entries!

It has been a while now, but I won £1,000 last year and £2,000 a couple of years before that.

ColinJ

Don't like the colour scheme!
Some people are never satisfied! :laugh:

White isn't the most exciting colour I can think of for a guitar, but I'd rather win a white one than pay for one in a more interesting colour... :whistle:

ColinJ

Sooner or later one of us will win one of these guitars (, effects units, amps, whatever)! :whistle:
Speaking of competitions to win effects units, amps, whatever...

Enter HERE to try to win "an ID:Core 40 v3, a PB1 power bank and a TRRS cable". UK entrants, 18 and older only. "The winner will be randomly chosen on the 1st March 2021."

PaulB

Legendary Member
I've ordered an acoustic round-back guitar from Thomann and got quite excited this morning when they emailed to say it was on its way - until I realised it is on its way from Germany. You know what importing goods are like now so by the time it arrives, I'll probably have forgotten I ordered it and should have bought from Britain. But it did look such a very good deal.

Top Bottom