The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

delb0y

Legendary Member
I've never being able to bend strings down there on the second fret - and he does it so easily!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've ordered an acoustic round-back guitar from Thomann and got quite excited this morning when they emailed to say it was on its way - until I realised it is on its way from Germany. You know what importing goods are like now so by the time it arrives, I'll probably have forgotten I ordered it and should have bought from Britain. But it did look such a very good deal.
I'll be interested to see if you get hit for extra import duties etc. I hope to buy something nice from them to celebrate becoming an OAP at the end of next winter!

aye but John Martyn
BTW he was an absoute nutter
but so talented
He had a lot of mental illness and multiple addictions. Truly exceptional talent.
I saw him play a couple of times. Yes - very good.

A friend of mine spotted him in a pub in Coventry. He was reading a paper, smoking a cigarette, and knocking back a few pre-gig drinks. My pal was a fan and walked over to JM's table...

Pal: "Hi John. I'm a huge fan of yours. I absolutely LOVE Solid Air..."

JM: "F**k O*F!!!"

He was not the friendliest of musicians! :laugh:

(TBH, I wouldn't like random people coming up to me in a pub either, but I think that is the price you pay for fame and fortune?)

the snail

Guru
BTW he was an absoute nutter

but so talented
A friend was in his band for a while, apparently he used to have some lines of nose candy on his amp for refreshment during a gig. One night some wag replaced them with polyfiller. Reportedly, he got a 200k advance to make an album, and it all went up his nose. Talented guy, but he did sort of copy Nick Drake's style.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
A friend was in his band for a while, apparently he used to have some lines of nose candy on his amp for refreshment during a gig. One night some wag replaced them with polyfiller. Reportedly, he got a 200k advance to make an album, and it all went up his nose. Talented guy, but he did sort of copy Nick Drake's style.
Aye he was a 'friend' of Nick, used to take the 'mickey' out of him and was shocked when he died, hence 'Solid air' :sad:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'll be interested to see if you get hit for extra import duties etc. I hope to buy something nice from them to celebrate becoming an OAP at the end of next winter!

I saw him play a couple of times. Yes - very good.

A friend of mine spotted him in a pub in Coventry. He was reading a paper, smoking a cigarette, and knocking back a few pre-gig drinks. My pal was a fan and walked over to JM's table...

Pal: "Hi John. I'm a huge fan of yours. I absolutely LOVE Solid Air..."

JM: "F**k O*F!!!"

He was not the friendliest of musicians! :laugh:

(TBH, I wouldn't like random people coming up to me in a pub either, but I think that is the price you pay for fame and fortune?)
Aye Jackie could be just the same, I knew him well and he used a photograph I'd given him on an album.they both shared something in common though, neither of em used their real names.

View: https://youtu.be/3pcJw_Zjf94

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
He worked with the person I regard as the greatest living musician, Lee Scratch Perry...
You pronounce "Ian Anderson" ina very strange manner ;)

Top Bottom