The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Part of the reason of the offset waistline of the Jazz Bass was to make it a little comfort when seated.

MntnMan62

Über Member
Anthony Jackson seems to play seated all the time - going back from year dot.

Talkbass forum has an interesting thread about which basses are good for this - plus getting comfortable, scale length, neck dive etc: https://www.talkbass.com/threads/best-basses-for-playing-while-seated.993731/

I caught Anthony Jackson about 4 or 5 years ago at the Iridium in NYC. He sat on a piano bench with a pillow the entire gig. I'm not there to see people jump around on stage and pretend to be clowns in a circus. I'm there to hear great music by the best there ever was. Nothing wrong with sitting while playing your instrument. Take it from a drummer. Sitting is the way to go. :rolleyes:

avecReynolds531

Veteran
I caught Anthony Jackson about 4 or 5 years ago at the Iridium in NYC. He sat on a piano bench with a pillow the entire gig.
I'm not there to see people jump around on stage and pretend to be clowns in a circus. I'm there to hear great music by the best there ever was.
Great quote MtnMan62 & that must've been a brilliant gig:smile:
It's a privilege to hear truly great musicians: Anthony Jackson is a pioneer & absolute master of bass.

Concert pianists, pedal steel players & drummers know playing seated is alright.

MntnMan62

Über Member
Ah, the poor bloke clearly has the Nurembergs.

Actually, I did a little digging. While I'm not totally certain, I think he suffered a stroke at some point and is going through rehab. Some people can come back. Pat Martino had a brain aneursym and was forced to relearn the guitar. And he's back. So, anything is possible.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You cynics... HAVE SOME FAITH! :okay:

(Competition to win a Faith Nomad Series Mini-Saturn worth £479 / $599; closes in 13 days time.)

Seevio

Guru
I wasn't sure whether to put this in the my ride today thread but this guy is certainly sitting down to play guitar.
bikeguitar.png

Top Bottom