The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
IMG_20230330_151515.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Don’t know if anyone follows the Togly’s Guitar Show here but this was his April fools joke. Can you spot it without reading the comments?

View: https://youtu.be/z15khktzwno

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I was searching for the famous John Williams version of Asturias (Leyenda), but I liked this alternative performance...

Wind back to the beginning and whack the subtitles on (unless you speak Spanish) for an interesting discussion about the piece.

50 years ago I used to dream about playing that piece but it is obviously never going to happen now!

not sure what's more impressive... the guitar playing or her teleportation skills.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Trying to think of ways to smuggle another mandolin into the house...

You attach it to a bass.

woody-s_orzell-4.jpg

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
One must be careful as Mrs D is very vigilant over such matters.

My main live bass is a Marcus Miller P5, but my backup for live work is my much-modified Harley Benton MB4. A few weeks back I was practicing on the MB4 when Mrs D catches sight of it and indignantly demands to know when I got it.

"Three Christmases ago when you bought it for me" was my reply, one which left her prostrating herself at my feet and begging forgiveness for her impetuous behaviour.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Well done! You must be dead chuffed.

I don't teach as such by I do mentor two young bassists. They youngest is 14 and he's got a month ban by his Dad from playing with his band for fighting at school!

Hebe

getting better all the time
Well done! You must be dead chuffed.

I don't teach as such by I do mentor two young bassists. They youngest is 14 and he's got a month ban by his Dad from playing with his band for fighting at school!

I am very proud of her. It was her first ever music grade exam.
That sounds like a very effective punishment. I bet he (and his band) are looking forward to the month being up.

Top Bottom