The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Always makes me chuckle when folk say you need new strings regularly.
Most YT bass gurus say that too... but Bernard Edwards would strongly disagree.

The set up is the same now as it was when the strings were brand new; the E and G have always been significantly louder than the A and D

Well, I'm not Bernard Matthews, and an oscilloscope trace doesn't lie.

Also I prefer nickel wounds, and they do visibly wear and can leave you with black marks on your fingers, so it's not merely a case of the sound they make - there are other considerations to be taken into account when determining useful lifespan.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
new guitar day!

before.jpg

I'm in love already :wub:

MontyVeda

that's no guitar, that's a mini-harp for wan**ers.

Something more like this...
$_1.png

...but a lefty with a reverse head and probably a wraparound (edit) short ashtray style bridge (I've changed my mind already)

Last edited:

MontyVeda

Mistake number one... I bought a couple of pots for the volume and tone, but with single coil pick-ups i should have got 250k pots instead of 500k, which are more for humbucking pickups. Apparently 500k is very jangly on single coils, so I'm going to try a .066 capacitor instead of the more common .047, which apparently rolls off a lot more treble. It might work, it might not. I also want to put a couple of toggle switches on the controls, one to swap between parallel and series when both pick-ups are on, and the other put them out of phase... I just need to find some wiring diagrams.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Don't really get the whole signature instrument thing, even less the roadworn fashion but I guess if you like particular artist and want his guitar/bass then why not? Chachun a son gout.

MontyVeda

Don't really get the whole signature instrument thing, even less the roadworn fashion but I guess if you like particular artist and want his guitar/bass then why not? Chachun a son gout.

it's just decals i believe, rather than actually removing paint to achieve the distressed look. But if that's what folk want...

Top Bottom