The beauty in the everyday....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member

Just a tulip in the sun... you'd think it was extra-terrestrial.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
From this morning on the heath, the art and the inspiration...
IMG_20220422_121246.jpg

IMG_20220422_113454_edit_314851096548832.jpg

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Love that cottage! It would cheer me up too.

Couple of front gardens up the road gone wild, through neglect or benign encouragement, but the funny thing is, they've gone separate ways: one all bluebells and daisies, t'other a sea of tiny blue flowers and dandelions.

IMG_20220422_231735_368.jpg

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I would love some but you can't dig up wild flowers

I believe Cowslips only have legal protections in Northern Island.
In the rest of the UK, i should therefore be fine to pick the flowers or even to dig up the plants as long as you're the the landowner of have their consent.

Personally I'd keep the plants but would consider making wine from the flowers ^_^

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I believe Cowslips only have legal protections in Northern Island.
In the rest of the UK, i should therefore be fine to pick the flowers or even to dig up the plants as long as you're the the landowner of have their consent.

Personally I'd keep the plants but would consider making wine from the flowers ^_^

Oh i thought any wild plant was protected ?

Gillstay

Über Member
I've got these in my front garden, probably a present from the local birds, technically they're weeds but they provide a lovely splash of early colour so theres no plans to remove them.

Nope, technically `a weed is a plant out of place' so if you like it there it is not a weed, its a flower. So well done.:smile:
I wonder if they are Violets, cannot quite see on the photo.

D

Deleted member 1258

Nope, technically `a weed is a plant out of place' so if you like it there it is not a weed, its a flower. So well done.:smile:
I wonder if they are Violets, cannot quite see on the photo.

I often leave weeds to flower then remove them before they set seed, then sometimes I'll think no I like that and either leave it where it is or move it to a different location, with these Cowslips I had one come up a few years ago and its staying where it is, and I had a new plant come up this year and that ones been moved. A few years ago I started a patch of Cone flowers, when they came back the following spring there was a stranger amonst them, a Valerian, theres a strip of grownd down the side of the shed that nothing thrives in so it got put in there and I've left it alone to fend for it's self and now the valerians still there along with stuff thats self seeded in and an assortment of common weeds, it just gets tidied up about once a year.

Top Bottom