The beauty in the everyday....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
IMG_20220424_125851.jpg

IMG_20220424_125834.jpg

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
If only the wild garlic was in smell-o-vision...
IMG_20220424_145653.jpg

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Not really beautiful in the normal sense of the word..

But there's a certain 'beauty' in a bit of clear cut mechanical 'diagnostics'

View attachment 641927

Is that a flail? If so, could I pick your brains. We have one where I work and it vibrates more than I think it should, so much so that the cover over the belts keeps fracturing the mounting plates. The bearings seem OK and I suspect the thing may be out of balance. Any tips on how to check this, or does yours vibrate a lot too?

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Is that a flail? If so, could I pick your brains. We have one where I work and it vibrates more than I think it should, so much so that the cover over the belts keeps fracturing the mounting plates. The bearings seem OK and I suspect the thing may be out of balance. Any tips on how to check this, or does yours vibrate a lot too?

Yes a flail
It certainly vibrates a lot, but fairly consistently across its whole width .

This one is pretty ancient, but hefty too will mash up anything in its path...
I've destroyed a few things I didn't mean to over the years, that were hidden in the undergrowth.. 😇

I can imagine if any of the hammers were more worn than others it would set up an unequal vibration.
I'm guessing you've checked that all the hammers are free to move and in place.??

I should think due to the extreme forces involved that once an imbalance has occurred it will quickly be amplified, by any further use..

Uncertain how you would diagnose that except visually..

Not sure what has shredded the belts here ..Three really hefty ones , just waiting to source some spares now...

classic33

Leg End Member
Any twist or warp in the shafts?
Won't take much, and a straight edge should show any warp.

The inner drum vertical shaft was found to have a slight bend in it when removed.
168679-15770499.jpg

Barely noticeable when spun by hand, but shaking the machine at speed, breaking the bearings on the saucer.

Top Bottom