The best boardgames you never had?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I always wanted Mousetrap and Buckaroo.
Had Mousetrap at school but only got to play with it once, my "friend" had Buckaroo but wouldn't let me play with it.
Quite liked Cluedo and Monopoly, which I did have :smile:.
We had Buckaroo, I don't think there was any skill to it, it just seemed to go off at random.

classic33

Leg End Member
We had Buckaroo, I don't think there was any skill to it, it just seemed to go off at random.
Equal loading on the left & right side.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
The best game ever, and I didnae have it - my mate did tho and we wasted many a school holiday playing it over and over and over.
71mk4OnxSjL._SX425_.jpg

EscapeFromColditz1.jpg

I loved Colditz, though never owned a copy. Was tempted to buy one off fleabay, but they're quite expensive. I recall one design flaw in that the "do-or-die" card was just far too powerfull in that you had a pretty good chance of winning on the first go by playing it, rather than it being a last resort to pip another player to the post, which was the intention.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
and then there was this...
vintage_jaws_game.jpg

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
As an only child,board games were a relative unknown to me!However,some fool(ungrateful little so-and so)once bought me a Subbuteo football set,this despite the fact that I cannot bear football,that and the fact that my friends all possessed their own sets ,and an in-house opponent, has ensured that many years later it sits unopened in the loft.The other game, of which I have little recollection once again,was a board game called L"Attaque,goodness only knows what that was all about.The one I most enjoyed as a child was my fort,characters provided by the 7th Cavalry and those whom we knew in less enlightened days as the "Indians".The "Indians" won-every time!
Another only child here, so I never really got into board games either. I was a Lego fiend. It came as quite a shock when I first played something against the future Mrs Dr Bollo (eldest of 3 sisters) as her family regard board games as a blood sport. Jeezus I was lucky to escape with my life!

stephec

Legendary Member
Comes from selling them.
Testing them as you work? :smile:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I fondly remember "mine a million" aka "business game" - again one I never owned. Dunno if it would still stand up today.

Monopoly and Cluedo, which I do own, still stand up quite well, and Monopoly does have rather more skill than you'd think from childhood memories, as well as the intense frustration when a "bad" player refuses to do a deal ensuring both he and you lose !.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Always used to like Cluedo best, then Risk. I found Monopoly the dullest game I've ever played. I also remember playing a horse racing game, where you played one side of the board to get horses, then you flipped it on the other side to have a race. I can only remember one horse called Jerome Fandor or something. I've remembered now it was called Totopoly. Obviously trying to cash-in on the Monopoly name..

Already mentioned earlier in thread, sorry.

pic156545.jpg

The best game ever, and I didnae have it - my mate did tho and we wasted many a school holiday playing it over and over and over.
71mk4OnxSjL._SX425_.jpg

EscapeFromColditz1.jpg

It's taken me a wee while as the prices have been a bit too much for me, but I have just managed to get the winning bid on ebay for this
$_1.JPG

It had better be as good as I remember!

Last edited:
Top Bottom