The best boardgames you never had?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
When I was little my ma brought one out she had as a kid, the game of "Yertle" a Dr. Seuss thing. I really loved playing it. 30 years later Hover fly dragged one out of a cupboard and we tried to play. Sorry to say it all seemed a bit childish.

stephec

Squire
It's taken me a wee while as the prices have been a bit too much for me, but I have just managed to get the winning bid on ebay for this
$_1.JPG

It had better be as good as I remember!
You luck lucky..... :smile:

Garry A

Calibrating.....
JAWS! I had that. When we set it up we lost one of the eye stickers and had to substitute it with one from another toy. The shark always had a squint after that.

It's taken me a wee while as the prices have been a bit too much for me, but I have just managed to get the winning bid on ebay for this
$_1.JPG

It had better be as good as I remember!
It's arrived. OMG! OMG! OMG! <I think that's what the yoofs say>

It is in amazingly good condition, and I doubt it has been played more than a few times and some of the wooden pieces do not look as if they have ever been removed. No splits on the box. Now I just need someone to play it with. I have tagged a few of my childhood friends on FB and they are all up for a game - might need a bit of planning as we don't seem to be living in the same houses as we did 40 years ago...

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...

It is in amazingly good condition, and I doubt it has been played more than a few times and some of the wooden pieces do not look as if they have ever been removed. No splits on the box. Now I just need someone to play it with. I have tagged a few of my childhood friends on FB and they are all up for a game - might need a bit of planning as we don't seem to be living in the same houses as we did 40 years ago...

You sad old twat.

Licramite

Über Member
Terrible green things from outer space - played it years ago , only recently got a new copy and my son nicked it!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Of all the games we had as kids, 'Smuggle' was the outright winner for family hilarity as we bluffed, lied, pulled honest faces and vowed never again to be Mr Nice Guy after picking up the crown jewels card from someone who you'd believed had 'Nothing to declare'.

Picked one up from eBay again about 10 years ago as my folks had given the original away when we all grew up and left home.

We played it again with my brother's partner and my daughter, and it was a huge hit with them too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Milton-Bradley-SMUGGLE/dp/B003XEHINW

I still don't own my own copy, so I really should get one (once I stop buying new board games like Small World, King of Tokyo, Jupiter Rescue, Zombies: The Director's Cut and Carcassonne)

Last edited:

stephec

Squire

How about setting up a virtual game with all your friends on here? (you just know someone's going to pick up on the friends bit :smile: )

Set the game up and post a picture so that people can roll a dice and direct their moves, you can post another updated photo, etc etc.

How about setting up a virtual game with all your friends on here? (you just know someone's going to pick up on the friends bit :smile: )

Set the game up and post a picture so that people can roll a dice and direct their moves, you can post another updated photo, etc etc.
A "Thread of the Decade" in the making....

Top Bottom