The best guitar solo in the World. Ever.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
This little topic almost had grown men come to blows when it surfaced at work today, so I thought I'd ask the views of my fellow CC'ers.

Every sane person knows that the best guitar solo in the World ever is Martin Barre's painfully soulful solo at the end of Jethro Tull's We Used To Know, where Leslie cabinet, wah-wah pedal and long haired genius came together to produce a perfection so clear, so sweet, such a distillation of rock beauty, that grown men in the mid to late 40's weep tears of joy whenever they hear it.

However, it seems some people not in possession of all their marbles, some really crazy people, I mean some real wacko's, seem to think that there may be some other solo worthy of this plaudit.

So, if you're one of these poor, unfortunate, misguided souls then why don't you share with us your thoughts about which is the best guitar solo in the World ever?

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Marty McFly in Back to the Future. Close thread.

winjim

Smash the cistern
[QUOTE 3453097, member: 259"]Buzzcocks - Boredome - the one finger, one note, one string guitar solo that kicks in at 1:27. :becool:

[/QUOTE]
It's only one note, but it's the right note.

flyingfish

Through the Fire and the Flames - Dragon Force
See easy ain't it

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Interestingly, that kind of brings this full circle, as it's often mooted that Hotel California was a rip-off of Jethro Tull's We Used To Know. The Eagles supported Tull on tour in the early 70's, and We used To Know was on the set list, so there may be truth in it. Or maybe not. But it's an interesting link.

Top Bottom