The best of England

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Question to mr smith.

Am presuming this trip is going to be by bike.

What are accommodation plans?

Sounds like it will be an interesting book, or, if suggestions keep rolling in on here, several.

Great idea to do britain. Adventures/insights/human experiences don't necessarily have to be far flung.

OP
OP
smith4188

smith4188

Veteran
Am presuming this trip is going to be by bike. What are accommodation plans?

Yes, by bike. I figured a mixture of camping, wild camping and maybe Warm Showers (although that's a new one for me). Hotels and even B&Bs are too expensive, although I might treat myself to somewhere dodgy on the sea front in Blackpool.

I was going to suggest the the road from Shaftesbury to Sixpenny Handley which goes up Zigzag hill it is fun going up or down in a car, but I think it would be best going down on a bike. The road consists of a series of hairpin bends a bit like Stelvio but condensed into a hill. Fun!!
Once on the top of the hill you can get some lovely views.

Dora

I admit to having no idea how this helps but my friend Ronnie has an excellent route taking in the best and worst of Liverpool based around the Beatles - Strawberry fields, Eleanor Rigby's grave, some of their childhood homes and the waterfront in Liverpool. He's very proud of it - I'm sure he'll share his GPS tracks with you - or we can find someone who has GPS tracks.

OP
OP
smith4188

smith4188

Veteran
I admit to having no idea how this helps but my friend Ronnie has an excellent route taking in the best and worst of Liverpool based around the Beatles - Strawberry fields, Eleanor Rigby's grave, some of their childhood homes and the waterfront in Liverpool. He's very proud of it - I'm sure he'll share his GPS tracks with you - or we can find someone who has GPS tracks.

Since, as far as I could work out, liverpool's European City of Culture status seemed to be entirely based on its Beatles connection, that sounds utterly perfect.

Top Bottom