The brainless idiots were out in groups wearing their lycra and leathers today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Watching the 10 Downing Street press briefing this afternoon it saddened me to hear the chief nurse make mention that on her way to Downing Street when crossing Westminster Bridge she was very concerned to see a large group of cyclists in very close formation paying not even the remotest lip service to the social distancing laws.

It was the same out here in South Lincs. today, but not with push bikes but ultra high performance and bloody noisy motorbikes in quite significant numbers screaming along the country roads in the area near my house at heaven knows what speeds, but in many cases, well north of 100 mph.!

Come on one and all, the vast majority of us are trying our proverbial damndest to socially distance ourselves, so if you see and know any of these idiots, for the rest of us, please have a whisper in their ears.

Personally, I think all of their cod pieces have slipped and they are now wearing them as helmets!!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Had the Chief Nurse been looking at the telephoto shot of cyclists riding along separately but looking as If they were in a bunch thanks to the compression effect of the lens?

Drago

Legendary Member
How can we whisper in their ears if we're social distancing?

Chief nurse picks on cyclists, but makes no mention of pedestrians, sunbathers, shoplifters, or a host of others ignoring the same advice (and the social distancing 2M+ aspect is advice, not law). It's the usual anti cycling bollards projected against a different backdrop. We've all heard it before, and it gets enough publicity without use giving it more.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Indeed. Why else would a group of motorcyclists be out on a sunny bank holiday weekend? :ph34r:

There was an offer at Tesco for cheap engine oil. 👅

D

Deleted member 26715

Had the Chief Nurse been looking at the telephoto shot of cyclists riding along separately but looking as If they were in a bunch thanks to the compression effect of the lens?
Her actual statement (I paraphrase) was that she was saddened to see on the way to the conference that as she crossed Westminster bridge hordes of cyclists were riding together, she did not mention a camera

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Gun them down I say.... Never liked the hardcore serious roadies anyway. Every time I try to acknowledge them with a friendly nod or a wave they either ignore the fat man on a fat bike or they look at me like I have a penis on my head and I always have to check just in case. Its quite alarming....

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
The motorcycle thing has been troubling me, I hear crazy high revs from my garden constantly at the moment, and when I do go out to walk or to get food I see an awful lot of blokes in leathers and on sports bikes whipping around and riding in an erm... enthusiastic style?

Are they all shopping? Impossible, not a pannier or backpack in sight. Going to work? Possible, though unlikely given the skewed numbers. Or is it just silly old men taking advantage of the weather and enjoying the empty roads and treating country roads as their personal race track? I'd suggest that's more likely.

And people wonder if they're cycling too far?

vickster

Legendary Member
The motorcycle thing has been troubling me, I hear crazy high revs from my garden constantly at the moment, and when I do go out to walk or to get food I see an awful lot of blokes in leathers and on sports bikes whipping around and riding in an erm... enthusiastic style?

Are they all shopping? Impossible, not a pannier or backpack in sight. Going to work? Possible, though unlikely given the skewed numbers. Or is it just silly old men taking advantage of the weather and enjoying the empty roads and treating country roads as their personal race track? I'd suggest that's more likely.

Bingo!

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions

Twats, basically.

Top Bottom