The brainless idiots were out in groups wearing their lycra and leathers today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

I've seen loads of them in the Peak District. Obviously pleasure motorcyclists

I've reported it to local police. The issue is that motorcyclists have a habit of falling off and that stresses the health services
Lots have assistance as well

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I've seen loads of them in the Peak District. Obviously pleasure motorcyclists

I've reported it to local police. The issue is that motorcyclists have a habit of falling off and that stresses the health services
None of them get that, I've unfollowed local groups due to the constant stupidity. But but but I've a helmet/leathers/gloves on CV can't get me

Con

Über Member
The motorcycle thing has been troubling me, I hear crazy high revs from my garden constantly at the moment, and when I do go out to walk or to get food I see an awful lot of blokes in leathers and on sports bikes whipping around and riding in an erm... enthusiastic style?

Are they all shopping? Impossible, not a pannier or backpack in sight. Going to work? Possible, though unlikely given the skewed numbers. Or is it just silly old men taking advantage of the weather and enjoying the empty roads and treating country roads as their personal race track? I'd suggest that's more likely.

And people wonder if they're cycling too far?
I'm a biker and my motorbike hasn't moved since I got back from the mot station about 2 hours before we went into lockdown (bloody excellent timing that was☹) I'd love to go for a blast but if I had a spill I'd be putting extra strain on the NHS so for now its staying where it is. I just hope I get to ride it before the new mot runs out . Until then it's just good old leg power 🚴‍♂️

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Is being on a motorbike particularly against the isolation regs?
No but it probably should be. I have taken my Guzzi out of the workshop and cleaned it and put it back until this is all over. It is all ready to ride I know from experience that if you come off a motorbike. The chances of not visiting the hospital is slim. I ride my bicycles every day. But I think riding a motorbike is just chancing your arm too much.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Yes we hear them on the A666. At night we also hear revving and popping of the wankpanzers racing around the nearby ring road, treating it like a private GTA game, which is no different from most nights of the week. The Asian community in our town seems untroubled by CV as our neighbours have had family groups visiting them and my cycling buddy who's a Dr at the big hospital tells me his colleagues are worried because a couple of the local mullahs have told their congregations that it's fine to go to mosque. So everybody is flouting the rules, not just the 660 families and groups who held parties and BBQs the Police had to stop in Greater Manchester last weekend.

Last edited:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Yes we hear them on the A666. At night we also hear revving and popping of the wankpanzers racing around the nearby ring road, treating it like a private GTA game.

I'm both seeing and hearing "premium German automobiles" of the usual 3 or 4 varieties being raced around on the main roads day and night. More so than normal, and the idiots are driving even faster than normal too - which generally means at least double the posted speed limit. In fact, when I'm out riding I am staying off some main roads that don't usually bother me at all, and keeping much more to back streets and off-tarmac routes.. I've already noticed a couple of street sign poles and a traffic light bent over at funny angles in the last few days. Plenty of muppets losing control and crashing.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I had to buy a new pan connector for the bog as it was leaking so I ordered one from Screwfix. Drove there, the doorway was blocked by a decorating table and my connector was ready there for me to collect. The whole operation was quick, painless and free of direct contact with anybody. Actually better than going in and searching through those dirty sticky catalogues.

OP
OP
buzzy-beans

buzzy-beans

Über Member
The motorcycle thing has been troubling me, I hear crazy high revs from my garden constantly at the moment, and when I do go out to walk or to get food I see an awful lot of blokes in leathers and on sports bikes whipping around and riding in an erm... enthusiastic style?

Are they all shopping? Impossible, not a pannier or backpack in sight. Going to work? Possible, though unlikely given the skewed numbers. Or is it just silly old men taking advantage of the weather and enjoying the empty roads and treating country roads as their personal race track? I'd suggest that's more likely.

And people wonder if they're cycling too far?

EXACTLY........... yesterday we had a large TESCO delivery (yes some people can get them) and Pete the 60 something year old driver, who is a star of a bloke, well he used to race bikes and is still a very serious track day rider, so with his experience he knows what to look for when it comes to high powered bikes and indeed the way they are being ridden.

And yesterday, at a goodly distance we had a chat about the noise we could hear occasionally in the background and he said he had seen numerous bikes whose riders were "giving it some" along the B676 between Melton Mowbray & Colsterworth which is a well known and favourite bikers road, along which the death rate is somewhat higher than on most roads!
I have 2 friends who used to be boys in blue in the traffic department and their term for the riders of high powered bikes as being "the donors"!

Just think though, it doesn't matter if you are out in your Lycra or your leathers and you do happen to have a spill whilst out for your unnecessary ride and the severity of your spill requires medical assistance, well this selfish jaunt will require at least 2 police vehicles, at least on paramedic vehicle and of course an ambulance to attend, added to which is all the needless paperwork.

Well I for one am out on my bike every single day crunching out the miles, but mine is mounted on the turbo trainer and as for my high speed sunny days, motorised wheels, well I roll her out onto the drive from time to time and laboriously polish her and tinker away doing totally unnecessary little jobs, but at least I am not risking challenging our beloved, overworked NHS.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I had to buy a new pan connector for the bog as it was leaking so I ordered one from Screwfix. Drove there, the doorway was blocked by a decorating table and my connector was ready there for me to collect. The whole operation was quick, painless and free of direct contact with anybody. Actually better than going in and searching through those dirty sticky catalogues.
I did the same at B&Q, as I urgently needed a bath plug washer for one of the medical baths in the care home where I am employed as handy-man. Otherwise the bath would be out of action, and we only have 2 baths of that type (with lifting chair etc..). Ordered on-line, got a phone call when it was ready to collect, so travelled the 20 miles to painlessly collect it in their car park. Oh, and I did the journey by motorbike, am I bad?

In my defence, I wasn't taking advantage of the nice weather, this is the west of Scotland, so it was 5C and drizzle, much like this morning. I ride sensibly as always, and have had more injuries as a result of cycling than I have from motorbiking over the course of my 38 years of biking (motorbikes that is) and 55 years of cycling.

Top Bottom