The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Poking around on the OS database, it doesn't look like it's on there either. What larks!
On any OS maps?
If not I'd say it's a fake designed to throw you.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Poking around on the OS database, it doesn't look like it's on there either. What larks!
More like the marks I found the other day, coords were off.
The marks are in the database, just the OS coords are out.
I must get them uploaded to the benchmark site
I'd a pal send me an image of a rivet but I can't find head nor hair of it.
Kinda makes you want just to stick to the ones already found.

Tim Hall

More like the marks I found the other day, coords were off.
The marks are in the database, just the OS coords are out.
I must get them uploaded to the benchmark site
I'd a pal send me an image of a rivet but I can't find head nor hair of it.
Kinda makes you want just to stick to the ones already found.
The list of OS map refs in the square concerned don't appear to have this one. It's a bridge and there are three bridges listed in the square, all of which are other bridges IYSWIM. I thought the issue you had was the translation of map ref to lat and long giving spurious results.. I need to delve a bit further.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
The list of OS map refs in the square concerned don't appear to have this one. It's a bridge and there are three bridges listed in the square, all of which are other bridges IYSWIM. I thought the issue you had was the translation of map ref to lat and long giving spurious results.. I need to delve a bit further.
I used my GPS to OS coords and took a minimum of 3 readings per cut mark...
here's one from the above image
pennys 2.jpg

OS info from database

pennys3.jpg

GPS
pennys1.jpg

Just used this one but all three averaged out roughly.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I have traded my Dawes(aluminum) for a Schwinn Mirada, in keeping with the rules.Also, it's a bit bigger, closer to the proper size. I may have a benchmark for today, depends on weather and lawn considerations.
Good lad Mr Aided. We'll accept sightings made on foot, in a car, or (perish the thought) on a plastic bicycle, but trigs bagged on a steel machine are considered the most wholesome and stylish.
Hipsters....
snob.jpg

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm thinking of forming a club, the CC Steelie Trig Baggers. Membership will be exclusive, open to anyone.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I'm planning some searches for the weekend, as today did not work out, due to a little illness after this mornings' yard work, as well as the threat of storms. I have one point right on the side of old Route 66. I started off the lawnmower chorus this morning, and am now reaping the benefits, listening to three mowers going now.

Top Bottom