The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
The ones in out village are embossed metal digits that slide into a holder which is nailed to then post. Later ones, say 1960s onwwts, seem to have a metal disc, a bit log a dogs I'd medallion.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Cut bench mark, Corbishley Bridge, near Chelford on the B5359. My next door neighbour is called Corbishley and he reckons the family came over with William the Conqueror.

20180902_132652.jpg

And then, just down the way we came across The International Micro Car Rally! I had seen 3 bubble cars and three Bond Bugs filling up at a petrol station last Friday, so knew something was afoot but was very pleased to come across it, it was brilliant! I'll put something in the my ride today thread. A taster - a squadron of Messerschmitts, dagga dagga dagga.

20180902_133517.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Part 2.. A less successful hunt, apart from the Boulder!

IMG_6954.JPG

Next to the above Trig Point, is a Glacial Boulder.

IMG_6965.JPG

Somewhere under this felled Silver Birch, in Bridley Bottom car park, is a BM on a culvert (Waypoint B26922)

IMG_6967.JPG

A few hundred yards up the road, opposite the next car park, is a decrepit concrete post that, until a couple of years ago, had a BM near the base. Another one bites the dust!! :sad:

:smile:

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
From today's ride, cut bench mark, Wesleyan Chapel, Poole near Nantwich. My friend had had a puncture and was fixing it about fifty yards away (hedge cutting) so I walked to this chapel, lovely "peace" garden round the back. When I returned and he had fixed his puncture, I found that I had one aswell (I did accuse him of doing it whilst I was away, but he denied it).
20180904_120453.jpg

20180904_120520.jpg

And then another cut bench mark on St James' church, Audlem. Unfortunately the Priests' House opposite (well known watering hole for cyclists) was shut, which was rather the point of going to Audlem.

20180904_141829.jpg

13 rider

Guru
Here you go some markings of a fairly local pole.
No way it was 32m 0r 3.2m
1957 sounds about right as that side of Wellingborough was just starting to be developed more
GPO i presume General Post Office
So what about DP 461 ?
The pale green strip is a maintenance related one i presume

View attachment 428445 View attachment 428446 View attachment 428447 View attachment 428448
Pre metric so 32ft medium . As stated above dp is distribution point then its identity number . Green label is when it was tested month on top ,year at the bottom then pole tester ID .punched out hole marks the date . White paper labels are put on each time we climb it to signify we've done a test that's it's not rotten

Last edited:
Top Bottom