The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Found one this morning that had recently erected

IMG_20180905_055914921.jpg

Alex H

Legendary Member
This is near Howick and it's as near as I could get to it ^_^ (0.44km as the crow flies) It's at 58m height.

DSCF0236.JPG

classic33

Leg End Member
Pre metric so 32ft medium . As stated above dp is distribution point then its identity number . Green label is when it was tested month on top ,year at the bottom then pole tester ID .punched out hole marks the date . White paper labels are put on each time we climb it to signify we've done a test that's it's not rotten
Or hoist, if not climeable.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Known locally (KIlcreggan) as Tut Tut Rock,
first painted 1850s and known as the Painted Rock very original), apparently later became Tut Tut after Tutankhamen's tomb was discovered. There are the usual conflicting stories on the dates and naming but I like this one..
stone kilcreggan.jpg

Nearby a cast iron milepost(?)
milepost.jpg

Once again, vandalism as it's been a case of 'Feck it, just lay the tar'

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Right, about time I pulled my finger out and bagged a few more.

Castlethorpe church benchmark.
DSC_0142.JPG
DSC_0143.JPG

The spire of the Church is also a trig point. I believe there's a bolt up there, but not accessible today.
DSC_0145.JPG

The Church is on the site of an old Norman Fort. Defensive earthworks and parts of the moat are still visible.
DSC_0144.JPG

Was planning a few more, but cut the ride short due to a broken spoke and resultant wobbly rim. Nothing as unpleasant as a wobbly rim.

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
The ones in out village are embossed metal digits that slide into a holder which is nailed to then post. Later ones, say 1960s onwwts, seem to have a metal disc, a bit log a dogs I'd medallion.
Like these?
https://midlifecyclistblog.wordpres...-to-a-utility-pole-mlcb-post-283-may-15-2018/
From my blog.
In the States, don' tcha know.

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
A good haul today

IMG_20180908_061117814.jpg
IMG_20180908_061018755.jpg

Another bunker very overgrown and fairly neglected .

IMG_20180908_061309243.jpg
IMG_20180908_061258885.jpg

A trig post just about 15 yards from the bunker but well hidden . I ride past both about once a month and never noticed either before. It looked in good condition but couldn't get a look at the plate other than with my camera .

IMG_20180908_070529320.jpg

Lastly a nice benchmark on Souldrop church .

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
A good haul today

View attachment 429003 View attachment 429002

Another bunker very overgrown and fairly neglected .

View attachment 429004 View attachment 429005

A trig post just about 15 yards from the bunker but well hidden . I ride past both about once a month and never noticed either before. It looked in good condition but couldn't get a look at the plate other than with my camera .

View attachment 429006

Lastly a nice benchmark on Souldrop church .
Where are they? I’ve been through Soupldrop in the past.

Top Bottom