The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
DSC_0165.JPG

Quick walk around Acocks Green, whilst I'm supposed to be working, to find FB1412 on a buttress on St Mary the Virgin Church, Warwick Road.
Not the best pic, but as it was in a dark graveyard, I wasn't hangin' around! :ph34r:

Apparently, there's another one on the school opposite but the gates were locked and I couldn't spot it in the dark.
:smile:

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
View attachment 439078

Quick walk around Acocks Green, whilst I'm supposed to be working, to find FB1412 on a buttress on St Mary the Virgin Church, Warwick Road.
Not the best pic, but as it was in a dark graveyard, I wasn't hangin' around! :ph34r:

Apparently, there's another one on the school opposite but the gates were locked and I couldn't spot it in the dark.
What do you think will happen?
There won't be much movement from those within it.

And on a night like tonight, fog getting thicker, a figure in black appearing out of it tends to help anyone on their way.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have a list, including
'Nellies' (White Horse)
Market Cross
North Bar
Wood Lane Yard (North Bar Within)
'Winged Wheel' (Saturday Market)

Etc....

https://britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/101346372-the-market-cross-beverley#.W_Bu3_Z2vIU

https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5889855
DSCF7256.JPG DSCF7257.JPG

Last edited:

PeteXXX

More infrastructure from Grafton Underwood yesterday.

Screenshot_20181119-084423.png

I rummaged around the woods to the east of the road (the black dashed line) this time.
(I really should charge my phone :rolleyes:)

DSC_0187.JPG

DSC_0188.JPG

One of the larger buildings 'hidden' in the woods. Probably the Officers quarters.

DSC_0181.JPG

I doubt it's a swimming pool, but definitely something to do with water as there's some pipework in it.

DSC_0186.JPG

A WW2 urinal and my Defy2 :excl:

There's still masses of stuff to find in the area. @biggs682 @Drago We could bimble up there sometime..

PeteXXX

Final pics from yesterdays foray.

DSC_0174.JPG

On top of one of the bomb shelters. Note the Trig Point in the background to the the left of the square hatch.

DSC_0176.JPG

The same bomb shelter, from near the TP.

DSC_0191.JPG

DSC_0192.JPG

A decorated pillbox, unfortunately with a large concrete slab placed over the entrance!
The treeline across the field is where the TP and other buildings are lurking.
All of the airfield is on the Boughton Estate and, apparently, they don't mind visitors, dog walkers (apart from within the grouse and pheasant breeding area.) Cycling seems accepted as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom