The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Drago, 19 Mar 2017.

1. Bobby Mhor

Bobby Mhor Wasn't born to follow

Bit open and high for a urinal:whistle:

classic33, Gravity Aided and PeteXXX like this.
  2. Ironically, at first look I thought it was a baptistry.

classic33, Bobby Mhor and PeteXXX like this.
  3. PeteXXX

PeteXXX Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

Looking into it further, it appears to be 'Brinton`s Clock Tower and Drinking Fountain'

4. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

"Unashamedly stolen the idea from the Col Baggers thread. That looked like great fun to me, but there is a dearth of Cols near me, so it was a no go.

Still, I liked the idea, but came up with a type of target more easily found in my part of the World...or in any part of the country... Trig Points.

Ideally ones you've sought on the bicycle, but I won't be sniffy if you happened to be driving past and leaped out the still moving car to snap a prime example of trig pointness.

I'm having my shoulder injection tomorrow, but after a day or two of recovery I'm going to go hunting myself. It seems to me a good motivation to go for a ride, an ongoing purposes, and the rides become more epic as you bag the easy local ones and start moving further afield."

keeping the post that started this.

Last edited: 13 Mar 2019 at 12:08
  5. Bobby Mhor

Bobby Mhor Wasn't born to follow

KIlsyth today...
    hadn't much time to faff about BUT saw this church..
    (just can't resist)
    NS 7160 7777 KIlsyth, Burnbrae Rd,Church.jpg
    The building
    Kilsyth Church.jpeg
    (aye, we do get sunshine oop North)

1816, a much bigger Church was completed to accommodate 793 parishioners on this present location. The building was designed by a Mr Shepherd and the construction supervised by a Mr Lawrie from Dalkeith. The clock, tower and bell were gifted by the landowner, Sir Charles Edmonstone. Built of freestone and coated with lath and plaster on the inside, the heating was provided by coal fired stoves. In 1835, the Kilsyth Gas Company was formed and gas lighting replaced paraffin lamps.
    paraffin lamps, eh?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice