The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
DSC_2589~2.JPG

DSC_2589~3.JPG

A pillbox close to the Guided Busway, St Ives to Cambridge, This was the closest I could get to it. By the looks of it the area around it is due for housing development.
Hopefully, it will be left intact!

Edit: It's close to the Westwick / Oakington crossroads.

Last edited:

Datum2

Über Member
20230418_135128.jpg

Metropolitan drinking fountains and cattle water troughs (association)

Street furniture of a different order. There is a web site and a list for these structures but it is rather London centric and the geograph website has a few listed but...... there are more country wide but where?
The one above is in Sudbury and now serves as a street planter. They usually have an inscription as to who the benefactor was. This one was installed for the King George V coronation June 1911
20230418_135319.jpg

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
@Drago No, no lorry trips, unfortunately, with it but I do often put it in the car for a bimble further afield.
The Guided Busway ride makes it easier to ride through Cambridge to Grantchester where I meet up with my sister. It's free parking @ St Ives park & ride and I use my Ol' Farts bus pass for a free ride back from Trumpington to the car. (Moi? Cheapskate?)

Richard A Thackeray

Legendary Member

Datum2

Über Member
Two more rural troughs by the
Metropolitan drinking fountain and cattle trough (Association)
Seen last June 22 whilst on various bike excursions

Cattle trough on Barrington Common, Cambs. Looking a little unloved but at least it still survives in a public place.
20220621_143231.jpg

Stopped for an Ice cream in Maldon High street and whilst chasing the flake down a "99" looked up and here we have another trough by the MDFCTA

20220607_131127.jpg

Top Bottom