The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Hanslope, Church of St James the Great, cut mark SP 8037 4672.

Hanslope Church SP 8037 4672.JPG

Hanslope Church SP 8037 4672 (2).JPG

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Well spotted :smile:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Yes, I was hoping I would have the opportunity to ride the Route 66 trail, maybe soon, when Mrs. GA gets up and around.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Today was mixed success. I headed into Blisworth seeing several benchmarks and a trig.

First was a benchmark in the centre of the village. I found the stone pillar, but it's so heavily scored with graffiti carved into the soft stone I could find no sign of the cut mark.

Then I went a mile up the road with Colin and found this:

Blisworth Hill Tower SP 7307 5249.JPG

Blisworth Hill Tower SP 7307 5249 (2).JPG

This is a ventilation shaft for the subterranean canal tunnel which runs below at SP 7307 5249. The is supposed to be an OS flush bracket on it, but I could not find it. There is evidence of recent patched repairs with cement, so it may have been covered and removed.

Next, was a trig pillar at SP 73237 52069.

Blisworth Hill SP 73237 52069.JPG

Found it hidden behind some bushes. A bit overgrown, but in otherwise solid condition.

From there I bimbled out in a wide loop to Shutlanger, then past the anal museum at Stoke Bruerne (it's a canal museum, but every sign gets modified by the locals within seconds of going up) and then onward to home.

More benchmarks to blag on Monday.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I would have maybe bagged one today, but the winds are fierce, and I was trading for a Dawes Watoga and a Schwinn Sidewinder to supplant the Gary Fisher(too small, after all) and the K2(just not that impressive) with some bicycles I might actually get a bang out of. The Dawes has a disc brake in front and linear in back, with front suspension and a 1x7 drivetrain, although the original owner left all the FD stuff on the bike. So for tomorrow, maybe on the Dawes(Which was originally bought at Rutland Water Bicycles,) a world traveler, which wound up in Normal. Now that's a find. I have never before seen or had a bicycle directly from England. (Although this one was probably fabricated somewhere else.)

Top Bottom