The Cookson Chronicles - His actions as UCI president thus far

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

Crackle

Who's the rider he didn't sign then?

He's right. Suddenly the bio passport is being used like an A-sample. It's hard to know if that's correct without knowing a lot more about the nature of the anomalies and the science behind it.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

He does have some points and the UCI does come over as amateurish and making up rules on the hoof ....
... but Kreuziger is guilty as hell and has been smelling fishy for some time. It would be irritating if he got results that would later be annulled when the case is finally heard. Cookson is keen to get these BP cases sorted quicker in future.
Evil Astana, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more. Vino will be along shortly to give an interview which removes all doubt.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
He does have some points and the UCI does come over as amateurish and making up rules on the hoof ....
... but Kreuziger is guilty as hell and has been smelling fishy for some time....

...and what's good for Tinkov's bank balance isn't necessarily good for cycling.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
First WADA and now CAS have agreed that the UCI approach of suspending a rider with abnormalities on their Bio-passport is legit.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kreuziger-loses-cas-appeal-and-will-miss-vuelta-a-espana

I wasn't sure of this at first but now I'm thinking it's a good thing.

Well, there's really not much point to the biopassport if you don't take action when anomolous readings occur.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Well, there's really not much point to the biopassport if you don't take action when anomolous readings occur.
I think the point at issue is the length of time between a possible anomaly and being found guilty or not guilty. Should the rider be suspended pro tem.
That was Tinkov's point I think.
The UCI relied on teams pulling riders out without having an agreed, enforcable policy to do so

U

User169

First WADA and now CAS have agreed that the UCI approach of suspending a rider with abnormalities on their Bio-passport is legit.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kreuziger-loses-cas-appeal-and-will-miss-vuelta-a-espana

I wasn't sure of this at first but now I'm thinking it's a good thing.

There was an interesting point on inrng yesterday. Kreuzigers medical expert is the same dude that JTL used. Given the short shrift his evidence was given by UKAD, I wonder if Kreuziger will be in the market for a new expert.

U

User169

I hope he's not using the same defence though.

I think he's working on a new one now!

If nothing else, you've got to admire some of the biological inventiveness that goes into these defences.

Top Bottom