The "cowboy" start technique.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Used to do it all the time as a lad

But it feels like it may be a bit tricky clipped in. I think it's because, to make this as easy as possible, the left foot should be at something like 45 degrees on the pedal, then it shuffles into place when the right leg swings over

Gonna give it a go, clipped in, anyway

colly

Re member eR
Used to do it all the time as a lad

But it feels like it may be a bit tricky clipped in. I think it's because, to make this as easy as possible, the left foot should be at something like 45 degrees on the pedal, then it shuffles into place when the right leg swings over

Gonna give it a go, clipped in, anyway
Great just make sure you get someone with a camera stood by.:okay:

Webby97

Regular
Still use it to start & finish the ride, with clips. Seems more natural than straddling first then clipping in, plus it's nice to have some momentum whilst throwing the leg over

CXRAndy

Guru
Im a rodeo bareback cyclist. I push the bike in front, grab the saddle and launch myself over the back wheel landing perfectly on the saddle and pedals ^_^:tongue:

jay clock

Massive member
I hadn't realised the cowboy mount wasn't normal!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Does the video show what the OP calls Cowboy Start?
As his "swing and step" has the pedal at the bottom, so the only momentum is from pushing, I'd say no! It's somewhere between that and the one he calls "just jumping on" but the presenter is some sort of insulting freak, saying scoot-start is for beginners even though he himself often rides on the tops like a newbie. :tongue:

Top Bottom