The cycle show, itv4 tonight, has someone you'll know on it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Me :biggrin::tongue:

Hope you can tune in, 8pm for my 3 minutes on the show

I saw it and was very impressed - 13 stone. And to think I worry about a few pounds on the waistline:blush:.

I've been trying to get a mate of mine who tips the scales at over 20 stones (nowhere near the situation that you were in) to read your blog for inspiration. A few years ago, he woke up one morning blind in one eye. His retina went due to high blood pressure, stress and being overweight. But he's so defensive about it and wouldn't even read the article about you in my cycling mag. His ex-girlfriend always whispers to me out in public that he'll be dead of a heart attack soon. I'm trying to get him back on his bike, which, last time I saw it was quietly rusting away in the garden and actually had a shrub growing up through it:sad:

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I saw it and was very impressed - 13 stone. And to think I worry about a few pounds on the waistline:blush:.

I've been trying to get a mate of mine who tips the scales at over 20 stones (nowhere near the situation that you were in) to read your blog for inspiration. A few years ago, he woke up one morning blind in one eye. His retina went due to high blood pressure, stress and being overweight. But he's so defensive about it and wouldn't even read the article about you in my cycling mag. His ex-girlfriend always whispers to me out in public that he'll be dead of a heart attack soon. I'm trying to get him back on his bike, which, last time I saw it was quietly rusting away in the garden and actually had a shrub growing up through it:sad:
His story reminds me of me tbh

He needs to wake up to the situation himself otherwise it won't work

I was lucky in the fact I caught it just in time, I hope your mate is too

compo

Veteran
I missed the original but my wife just called me in to see the interview on the repeat. She is most impressed by Gaz and has had a little boost to her motivation. You see, my wife, bless her, is a tad under 5 feet tall and weighs in at about 20 stone. She has recently started going to Slimming World and has lost 3.5lbs in a fortnight. Not spectacular but it's half a stone a month if she keeps it up. She is walking more, which is good for her and her little dog so that will help her. She hopes to get on a bike eventually. We have a small wheeled bike but it's pretty crap and hardly worth doing up, and anyway, I don't see why she shouldn't have a decent one. She has a problem getting her leg through the frame so one of those ladies bikes with a single front tube would suit her.

So, well done Gaz and thanks for your unwitting help to my wife!

Sara_H

Guru
Thanks for that - my laptop doesn't like iplayer much - just atchin Mark Beuamont but its breaking up every second or two

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I watched this the other night and as I bounced up & down on the sofa pointing at the telly, explaining to my wife that I had read your blog & that you posted on Cyclechat, she put down her Sudoku & paid attention to the show.

We both thought you came over brilliantly - and I am sure you will have helped loads more people watching realise that weight loss effort is not futile.

Who's next from CC ?

Davidc

Guru
I'll watch it on ITV Player since I can't receive ITV4 on our crappy local 'Freeview Lite' service!
Time you put Freesat in then! Plenty of time before TdF 2013!

Just came across this thread, I watched the show last Sunday from the recording. Not too impressed by the programme generally but hope it'll improve.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Time you put Freesat in then! Plenty of time before TdF 2013!
The telephone exchange a few hundred metres from me is being upgraded to superfast broadband in December, so I'm hoping that the Internet will soon become the media delivery system of choice.

Having said that - ITV's servers seem unable to cope with even the current demand in the evenings. ITV Player works fairly reliably here during the day but becomes virtually unusable in the evenings. (Buffering for 1-2 seconds every 3-4 seconds!)

Top Bottom