The Cyclechat Annual Ride Every Day Challenge?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Not going for another year then :tongue:
Is it just the 3 of us finishers

The way I feel at the minute I don't think I could do another week. Tomorrow I will be very slow up the hills

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Needed to visit family up north today so used it as an excuse to force myself off the bike for the day :ohmy:

Last few months I've been constantly feeling tired and my mileage getting less and less so I decided I needed to have a rest.

I've done 859 consecutive days. 2018 saw a minimum of 10 miles a day and 2019 15 miles. I don't think I will be attempting this again. :laugh:

13 rider

Guru
I shouldn't like @Supersuperleeds post but I do. I now have target of 188 days for victory . Oh I just typed what I was thinking :shy: . It should have read 187 days for the draw as per the truce I offered him on Wednesday ride :okay:. However I have a big 300km ride planned in June and I will need a break before that ,so may not make it . Riding everyday makes you realise recovery is important

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I've done 859 consecutive days. 2018 saw a minimum of 10 miles a day and 2019 15 miles. I don't think I will be attempting this again. :laugh:
I'd missed this post originally, but had noticed a few days where you were 'missing' from Strava. 859 consecutive days is a massive achievement though, chapeau sir :notworthy:

Riding everyday makes you realise recovery is important

I like zwift rides for recovery, pick a nice slow pace beginners ride & it's great, and last year my wife started cycling a bit more & we generally average about 13mph, so again it's a nice recovery ride pace for me, and that helped a great deal over the last 12 months. I generally miss 1st Jan riding on purpose so that I can't do the full year & there's no pressure, but this year my wife wanted to ride on NYD so who am I to argue :okay: could be in for 365 days again, but maybe i'll miss a day soon :whistle:

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I've just had my longest break from the bike for a while, 4 whole days without riding. I did manage the full every day for 2019 and a bit, with 403 days. I'll settle for that.

13 rider

Guru
The run has finally ended ,1058 days completed . Woke this morning to a road of snow slush that had frozen so no commute by bike took the car . Had half an idea to go out when I got home but having been working outside all day just couldn't be bothered . Once I passed 1000 I was no longer that motivated and knew the first day of bad weather would end the run and frankly I am quite relieved

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
The run has finally ended ,1058 days completed . Woke this morning to a road of snow slush that had frozen so no commute by bike took the car . Had half an idea to go out when I got home but having been working outside all day just couldn't be bothered . Once I passed 1000 I was no longer that motivated and knew the first day of bad weather would end the run and frankly I am quite relieved
:notworthy::notworthy::bravo::bravo:

Well done @13 rider , that is a cracking achievement.

Top Bottom