The CycleChat Large SUV Owners Club thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In relation to the above Mega-Ram

This illustrates the vast difference in sizes, & why such vehicles are totally unfeasible over here
I think this may be a F-350, but substantially raised

Gillstay

Über Member
That is an amazingly stupid thing !

gzoom

Über Member
Plans are nearly finised, ferries booked, accommodation sorted. Our large SUV will be put to good use this summer on a mammoth 3000miles+ road trip to Norway.

We'll have 6 people in the car for the Norway segment, luckily it appears even with 6 people there is enough luggage capacity without resorting to external storage.

Apparently Norway has even more amazing roads versus Switzerland, cannot wait :smile:.

51952369404_f68143bdc4_c_d.jpg

51948043453_a9bed0cbd1_c_d.jpg

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Another good reason not to buy an SUV, acknowledged by, er, The Telegraph. Deflating tyres is inconvenience, not vandalism, of course, but we can cut them a bit of slack on this occasion.

View attachment 638665

Don't let anyone ever persuade you that direct action doesn't work. Particularly gratifying that the deflating tool of choice is a lentil.
That link is blocked on Virgin lol . If it was my car first time would be an inconvenience second time I’d probably end up in bother with the authorities But hey ho .

Last edited:

Badger_Boom

Über Member
Another good reason not to buy an SUV, acknowledged by, er, The Telegraph. Deflating tyres is inconvenience, not vandalism, of course, but we can cut them a bit of slack on this occasion.

View attachment 638665

Don't let anyone ever persuade you that direct action doesn't work. Particularly gratifying that the deflating tool of choice is a lentil.
I’d like to see the carbon neutral credentials of the SUV vandals before passing judgement.

It's getting towards the time, when we'll be looking at taking the BWSOW out of hibernation, & ..... SWMBO doesn't really want to drive my car, as it's a manual, & she's driven autos for the past 4 years

So, the choices are;
1. PX my Kodiaq for an automatic
2. I continue to deliver/collect it, but that restricts distance/availability (with my working shifts/weekends)
3. Purchase another car, that is an automatic, & 'hefty' enough to prevent the tail wagging the dog syndrome (and I get to keep my Kodiaq)
Or.............
4. Which she's not that keen on, she gets used to driving the Kodiaq, & tows the BWSOW herself
(it has a motor-mover, for onsite manoeuvring)

We’ve just been to look at a vehicle, & put a deposit down
My initial thoughts were for a Volvo XC90, or maybe a XC70, but something I'd not even thought about passed daughter & myself, when i was driving to York yesterday, so a bit of Auto-Trader searching found a few

It’s certainly not new, as it's on a ‘55’ plate (2006 reg'd) , but we have a 'private plate' on retention that can go on it (I'm sure it's still got time on the certificate)

It's nothing too fancy, I guess it was when it was new though!
It's ‘hefty’ enough to cope with the BWSOW, & definitely has a good enough towing capacity!

3.0 Turbo-Diesel
Automatic
4x4
Hopefully, we'll get it by next weekend
(seller has agreed to a full valet & 2 new front tyres)

Last edited:
Top Bottom