The "Cycling to Work from Home" Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnblack

Über Member
Have done so many more miles on the bike than in the car in the last few months. I have some breakfast meetings at a nearby Starbucks so I'll ride to them for a 7.30 start. Mostly just take a long lunch and take a ride rather than use the gym, which is what I'd have done when in the office.

Just considering a new bike purchase on the R2W scheme, even though I work from home and have a company car, I still think I deserve one.

jay clock

Massive member
I started 3.5 weeks ago. so 17 consecutive work days. Route varies, but about 8-9k generally. Nice to get an MTB ride in to mix things up. Weather has helped

Getting on for four months into this and I'm starting to struggle with motivation. The isolation of working from home starting to tell as well. Roads are back to normal traffic levels too. It's not like the actual commute where I have to get from A to B & back. At least I have a TT tonight so today is sorted.

OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Getting on for four months into this and I'm starting to struggle with motivation. The isolation of working from home starting to tell as well. Roads are back to normal traffic levels too. It's not like the actual commute where I have to get from A to B & back. At least I have a TT tonight so today is sorted.

Me too, but I'm still managing a daily ride and feel better for it. Nice this morning after overnight storms.

Not sure how I'll manage if (when) weather and light deteriorate...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Sorry to hear that. Hope the mojo returns sooner rather than later.
However I am surprised to hear that your traffic levels are normal for you. IN SE London here it's been like school holidays plus. Very clear roads for the commute here in SE London.

jay clock

Massive member
Today was the first day I woke to rain. Tipping down. Actually got the winter bike out due to mudguards. very pleased I HTFU'd. 27th work day

D

Deleted member 26715

I rode 24 miles into work today, it was quite hard, but had nearly 8 weeks off & can tell

OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

15 dry miles this morning; I've now cycled to (or from, very rarely both) working from home every working day since mid March.

Lacking a bit of enthusiasm ATM, but keeping it up.

Over that period, I've done about 5.5k km, I'd guess over 3k of that on working days.

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

The reappearance of morning sunshine awoke my slumbering mojo.

A blast up the brickworks ensued; 19 miles, 16.7mph, 440m climbing.

Not too shabby before breakfast, though I say so myself.

OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

My mojo seems to have returned, thoroughly enjoyed getting soaked and muddy yesterday, and by contrast a lovely ride in evening sunshine tonight.

Now up to 105 days of commuting either to or from working at home (just a handful of both), and proud to say I've only missed one working day.

Total distance in that time now up to 6k kms but that includes weekends and holiday too.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Still riding from home to home. Managing usually to slot something in around lunch, or after work. Nice being able to pick when to go out. Still no chance of being back in work. Will be good to ride during darker months in daylight though !

jay clock

Massive member
since I started early July I have done 100% except for one morning when a pulled calf muscle from running made me not want to make things worse. Currently working from home in Spain and have been adding in a "swim to work" most days and even if not also doing a proper ride, does include a short ride to the beach

Children back to school, but I am still working from home, so resumed my lunchtime "commute" on Monday.

I've still been going out at the end of my day, about 5:00. I think I may have to join you with a lunchtime ride as local roads are simply choked with cars at that time. I reckon it's worse now than when properly commuting prior to 23rd March. No sign of me being called back in to the office any time soon either.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom