The "Cycling to Work from Home" Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
I have been home working on and off for years and have just started a new contract this week that I decided I would commute to work at home by bike every day. Up at 0710, feed cat and straight out for a 20-25 minute local ride. Plenty of choice on fairly quiet roads. Home around 0745 and time for breakfast and start work about 0830 to 0845.

It has reminded me how much I have loved cycle commuting when I had to do it in real life

Jay

Slick

Guru
Couldn't get a better start to the day. :okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
I now prefer to go out in the evening, as the morning roads are busy with traffic again (8-9am). No chance I can get out at 7.15 :laugh:

I don't usually start until 9-9.30 though

DSK

I never had the opportunity to commute by cycle driving a circa 1,000 miles week for donkeys years between the midlands, London and the M25.

I am out every morning, up at 5:30am, out on the bike for 6:15am and give it my all for around 45 minutes. Loving to see the mileage, fitness, strength, stamina, and general goodness increasing month on month.

I like the fact the roads are quieter and passing drivers generally more sensible on clearer roads.

GetFatty

Über Member
I'm going to be working from home until probably summer 21 at the earliest and even then with few trips to the office. I did notice (or the better half did) that I was drinking more, doing less (oh ok then doing nothing) and generally getting fat. So now I get up at 5am, do a 27ish mile ride and am home in time for a shower and first meeting at 8am

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I read about someone who worked from home but commuted to work with a friend and then rode home and started work. 😊

lane

Veteran
I don't commute by bike to the office. However since I have been working at home and with less distraction since Covid my mileage has significantly increased. Back in the office from September though.

DSK

Its nice to see my working from home commute/training ride is getting longer and faster on a weekly basis :laugh::bicycle:

I'm just about managing to do an hour+ commute home from home most days. Fortunately, the weather has been mostly benign. Been told I'll be working from home a bit longer yet (because others can't work from home so will be returning first).

Top Bottom