The "Cycling to Work from Home" Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
That is exactly the topic of the thread. Keep it up :okay:
In that case, my lunch time commute, from my home to my work desk was smidge over 20 miles :becool:

OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I had an early morning meeting today, so commuted from working at home rather than commuting *to* working from home.

Living dangerously - I love to spice things up a bit!

Managed an excellent 25 miles, 660m climbing with a couple of proper lung busters.

Damn cold though, northerly wind, gloomy and overcast.

I think the speeding drivers are getting worse as shutdown progresses. What chance plod doing anything about them?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Fortunately, I can still ride my commute and am trying to get about 200km a week in.

But switching to Summertime has plunged us back into darkness early in the morning. The wind has picked up again and it is freezing, literally. I know I can do it. But there is not a lot of fun in it at the moment.

vickster

Legendary Member
I had an early morning meeting today, so commuted from working at home rather than commuting *to* working from home.

Living dangerously - I love to spice things up a bit!

Managed an excellent 25 miles, 660m climbing with a couple of proper lung busters.

Damn cold though, northerly wind, gloomy and overcast.

I think the speeding drivers are getting worse as shutdown progresses. What chance plod doing anything about them?
Plod have clearly said speed limits apply and they are out enforcing them.
News yesterday showed a met traffic car had caught some utter tool doing 118mph in a Ferrari

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Not managed any commute from home to work for some time even before lockdown. However my back and knee appear to be much better and nearly pain free so I may start again next week. Only thing putting me off is the amount of people out now on their daily walk or cycle it would appear on what used to be deserted pathways and back roads to and from work :whistle:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Only thing putting me off is the amount of people out now on their daily walk or cycle it would appear on what used to be deserted pathways and back roads to and from work :whistle:
Use the main roads? I rode a mile and a bit of the 60mph A134 earlier this week, a road along the forest edge that I normally only use under direst time pressure. One car-size van overtook me. It is unreal. I may go ride a chunk of the rural A47 for the first time in 8 years (and that "never again" experience was itself the first time since about 2000), just because it's nearby and usually almost no-go.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
You've got your tandem on a turbo???
Yep

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Use the main roads? I rode a mile and a bit of the 60mph A134 earlier this week, a road along the forest edge that I normally only use under direst time pressure. One car-size van overtook me. It is unreal. I may go ride a chunk of the rural A47 for the first time in 8 years (and that "never again" experience was itself the first time since about 2000), just because it's nearby and usually almost no-go.

Yes its being considered however there are some bams still on the roads.

OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
No harder to fit on the turbo and we can both exercise so no brainer

Should I suggest such an activity to my wonderful stoker, Mrs T, Ifear that not only would I be likely accused of having no brain, I might rapidly lose connection to various other vital parts of my anatomy!

We did have the tandem out at the weekend though.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I whipped up bits of the A10 yesterday and today. Very quiet. Not sure that I quite dare try the A47 yet.

Top Bottom