The "Cycling to Work from Home" Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
The swim leg of today's cycle to work from home

IMG_0192.jpg

C R

Guru
The swim leg of today's cycle to work from home

View attachment 547616
Now you're just showing off.

si_c

Guru
Done very little all year, last two weeks though I've done a 20 to 30 mile loop each day. Starting to really feel it in the legs although I'm feeling better overall.

Definitely worth keeping it going for me though.

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Beautiful misty morning once more, alas forecast to be the last of the Indian summer we've been enjoying.

Slightly extended the ride when I realised I could get the new bike up to 2,000 miles since it arrived in May.

All told I'm now up to nearly 4,500 miles since lockdown - including all riding.

OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

Mojo severely lacking in the last few days of continuous rain, impending darkness and of course reinvigorated covid doom.

But, replacement tyre for the nice bike arrived, the sun broke through the clouds and a window opened up in my work schedule between 4 and 6pm.

A cheeky hour in afternoon sunshine ensued, and there's nothing better than a proper road bike to put a smile on your face, it's just effortless.

C R

Guru
I managed 13 miles this lunchtime, dodging lane closures due to roadworks. Nice and sunny, but annoying blustery wind. Nice to be out. Possibly same again tomorrow if the weather holds.

We've been told we have to work in the office for at least two days a week from now so on Tuesday I have to do a "real" commute. First one since 20th March. I'm looking forward to the ride(s) but not particularly what's sandwiched in between them.

jay clock

Massive member
I have officially two more weeks of the current home based contract. I would be struggling to drag myself out in the dark from November . for me sunrise is 0730 by 20 November

OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

I've been finding motivation hard the last few weeks with cold, wet and dark mornings.

This morning, though, was perhaps the most beautiful morning ride of my life.

Set off towards a stunning setting moon, literally awesome over the frosty fields:

Then through Tatton Park, watched over by the residents in the moonlight:

Now turning for home, sun rising over the mere shrouded in mist

Amazing.

The forecast for this week is rain in the North East. I shall be going out for an extended ride in a bit once the ground frost has burnt off and then I’ll make up for it by working through lunchtime the rest of the week and be smug that I am not getting wet. :bicycle::laugh::becool:.

The forecast for this week is rain in the North East. I shall be going out for an extended ride in a bit once the ground frost has burnt off and then I’ll make up for it by working through lunchtime the rest of the week and be smug that I am not getting wet. :bicycle::laugh::becool:.
Did a nice little 10miler. Stopped off in Yarm for a coffee and brownie from Hobo cafe.

Top Bottom