"The cyclist was causing an obstruction"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
I hope the police put her right and informed her that cyclists do not have to use a cycle path. I somehow doubt it.
Nasty cyclist and innocent female car driver, who found it within her to poke her nose in when she was in the wrong!
Did you not read my post above?

winjim

Smash the cistern
I see the police are appealing for witnesses rather than relying on innuendo and conjecture.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Well, we've only got the driver's version, and she plainly doesn't know the Highway Code says faster cyclists should use the road rather than a cycle lane, and there are often good reasons for taking primary, and I for one would appreciate it if people didn't yell from cars as I'm cycling because I'm concentrating on staying alive.
Most people find this effortless, but the fact you do not is hardly surprising!
Cyclists react in various ways to aggression on the roads, so I think your generalisation is invalid.

screenman

Legendary Member
Yes I gathered that you seemed to have more information about what actually happened. My reply was to the thread in general, not to you specifically :thumbsup:
I have the same information all the others on here have, I just did not leap on the same battle wagon. My story as it was is just as likely as any other.

screenman

Legendary Member
As likely or actual?
Whoosh! That was the noise that post made as it went over my head. Please explain for me.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Now, I'm a big bloke, but even I can't cause an obstruction riding my bike on a road - Most drivers indicate and overtake me.

I can't condone throwing a drink at the driver though....Although once I did 'drop' my bottle onto the bonnet of a car overtaking and driving oncoming towards me at 60......

It wasn't me!
LINK to local rag
"The rush hour clash, on the A316 towards Richmond on Thursday, March 13, was sparked when the 27-year-old female driver asked the cyclist why he was not using the cycle lane."

And then he threw a drink at her... just for just asking... really? - either she was just very unlucky and sparked up a polite conversation with a sociopath or there might have been a little more to the story than she's told the police - either way not defending the drink throwing but I doubt, as some one in the comment section has already mentioned, she politely inquired as to why he was not using the cycle lane - I'm also peed off by the police/piece referring to the cyclist as causing an obstruction.

Top Bottom