"The driver told his insurance he "wasn't moving at impact"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
You

Look at the title of the thread, the driver lied to his insurer and denied he was moving when he hit the stationary cyclist. The driver is a liar.
There is no proof that the driver deliberately lied. He may have been mistaken. I would expect his recollection of events to be imperfect and the cyclist's account (which is all we have to go on) to be biased.

I'm also not convinced the cyclist was stationary at the moment of impact.

DWiggy

Über Member
TBH after the barrage of abuse the cyclist gave the drive its no wonder his recollection of evens were not been 100%

mustang1

Legendary Member
Its the drivers fault for pulling out from a side road into a main road. But its the cyclists fault for causing the accident.

To my mind the drivers mentality was:
Nothing coming, let's cautiously pull out further.
And the cyclists mentality was:
Junction approaching, I have right of way, no need to slow down.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Its the drivers fault for pulling out from a side road into a main road. But its the cyclists fault for causing the accident.

The cyclist didn't cause the accident, the driver did, by pulling out without looking properly.
The cyclist could have avoided it, but they didn't cause it.

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

[QUOTE 3474557, member: 45"]That still doesn't answer my question. I asked you what you thought the driver would have got away with.

[/QUOTE]

Coughing up the money his insurer paid when they realised the driver was at fault. The driver said he wasn't at fault, his insurer disagreed.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
You

Look at the title of the thread, the driver lied to his insurer and denied he was moving when he hit the stationary cyclist. The driver is a liar.

To be fair, it didn't look like that to me, not beyond a fair bit of doubt at any rate.
And the cyclists behaviour is seriously bizarre it must be said.

Handbags at dawn it would seem, the guy got his money so why post it on YouTube unless he is attention seeking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom