The end of Windows 10

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I'm still running W7. Been thinking about upgrading to W10 but now I'm not so sure.

As a W10 user I wouldnt bother unless it was totally unavoidable. Since W11 officially releases on the 24th June 2021 according to google. There is no need to jump in to the mess that is W10.

The problem most people have with W10 is that there are still quite a lot of bugs in it and updates add more bugs because nobody at microsoft tests the updates on dev server before sending them live.

Wait for W11, W11 should be an improvement (hopefully)

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
As a W10 user I wouldnt bother unless it was totally unavoidable. Since W11 officially releases on the 24th June 2021 according to google. There is no need to jump in to the mess that is W10.

The problem most people have with W10 is that there are still quite a lot of bugs in it and updates add more bugs because nobody at microsoft tests the updates on dev server before sending them live.

Wait for W11, W11 should be an improvement (hopefully)
🤞🤞🤞

Mike_P

Guru
Provided you have a decent internet security program the fact an operating system has no manufacturers support is not necessarily a reason to upgrade and if you do not use the internet probably no issues at all. I have an elderly XP desktop retained solely for use with an A3 scanner that does not work with W10.

CharlesF

Guru
I have long moved past building my own PC and fiddling with the OS.

I must now be a very light user as I have had no problems with the difference Windows versions, the updates just happen (one did fail, but the instructions to re-installed worked without any problems).

I just switch on and use the laptop, just as I do with the iPhone and iPad.

Windows 10 or 11, I don’t care!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I am amazed that so many people have a problem with Windows 10. I have 7 Windows 10 machines in the house and support my wider family with a lot more. I very rarely have a problem with the OS. I spend up to 12 hours a day on a PC most of it working for a tech company with some pretty taxing applications, so it is not through lack of use that I don't see issues. I see as many problems on my single Mac as I do on Windows. I don't think there has been a truly dreadful Windows version since ME. Yes Vista and 8 were rough and too ground-breaking with the UI but they worked, with limited BSOD.

tyred

Legendary Member
Everyone says bad things about ME but I never had any real trouble with it and still use an ancient Compaq laptop with ME which has thousands of MP3 files stored on it and is permanently wired to an amp and speakers. Still runs fine (but hasn't been online in many years).

Mike_P

Guru
I missed ME and 7, agree Vista was not that bad but 8 was awful, improved a bit by 8.1. I still miss Recorder from the days of 3.11:eek:

Confirmed that W11 will not work on any but a modern machine, which in this case means it must have UEFI BIOS (pretty much everything for the past 5 years) and Trusted Platform Module 2.0, which is newer. TPM is a motherboard-mounted chip, and up until now, mainly found on business machines.
I have already downloaded and modified a W11 iso that should have allowed install on a UEFI machine, but it wasn't having any of it.
More details from MS on the 24th!

Top Bottom