The end of Windows 10

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
As I thought, this is just the 21H2 "Sun Valley" update due in Nov/Dec, with added branding pizzazz, not a new OS at all.
While it looks more polished, no doubt it will come riddled with bloatware that will need to be uninstalled or risk reducing the speed of your machine to a crawl. At least Cortana is going.

It is looking more Mac with its rounded corners and centred taskbar icons.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
While it looks more polished, no doubt it will come riddled with bloatware that will need to be uninstalled or risk reducing the speed of your machine to a crawl. At least Cortana is going.

It is looking more Mac with its rounded corners and centred taskbar icons.

I can't see any rounded corners on the screenshot - only on the wallpaper samples.

Have you got any images?

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I can't see any rounded corners on the screenshot - only on the wallpaper samples.

Have you got any images?
Marked up:

I had/did to/do some meddling with Windows before XP but since then it's been fine, 7 was my favourite (I skipped 8/8.1) and I'm now on 10 I use classic/open shell to emulate 7.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
What’s wrong with DOS and will the new OS run from a floppy?

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
The issue i see with it is the fact that Windows 11 will only install with a TPM (Trusted Platform Module) 2.0. Many computers older than about 2-3 years simply wont be able to install W11. Some business machines from about 2014-15 will possibly have a 2.0 update, but most consumer grade machines will have TPM 1.2 only. W11 will be a no go... So your current machine in 4 years time may become obsolete, despite being perfectly serviceable in all likeliness... A move to Linux is going to be your only choice if you value security.

tyred

Legendary Member
I'm sure it will be the same as all the previous versions - people will moan it's not as good as 3.1/95/NT/98/ME/2000/XP/7/8/10 and then they get used to it and life will continue until until a new version comes out which won't be as good as the previous version which was the best ever and the cycle continues.

Seevio

Guru
I'm sure it will be the same as all the previous versions - people will moan it's not as good as 3.1/95/NT/98/ME/2000/XP/7/8/10 and then they get used to it and life will continue until until a new version comes out which won't be as good as the previous version which was the best ever and the cycle continues.
I note that you are not making the claim that anyone has ever said "it's not as good as Vista." :rolleyes:

The issue i see with it is the fact that Windows 11 will only install with a TPM (Trusted Platform Module) 2.0. Many computers older than about 2-3 years simply wont be able to install W11. Some business machines from about 2014-15 will possibly have a 2.0 update, but most consumer grade machines will have TPM 1.2 only. W11 will be a no go... So your current machine in 4 years time may become obsolete, despite being perfectly serviceable in all likeliness... A move to Linux is going to be your only choice if you value security.
No, not quite. This requirement is only for Windows Server. As you were.

Top Bottom