The Fast Food Appreciation Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

outlash

also available in orange
I'm not a regular eater of fast food, but I have eaten plenty of lovely food from food stalls over the years. McD's brekkies are alright, as are BK Whoppers. Got to agree with the dwindling quality of KFC though, it's common practice to cut costs in various ways to keep the price down.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
If fast food is so good, why do we have so many obese and diabetics people of all ages in the UK and USA , where fast food is king?

outlash

also available in orange
If fast food is so good, why do we have so many obese and diabetics people of all ages in the UK and USA , where fast food is king?

trolling.jpg

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
And don't forget France, where 24% of women and 23.8% of men are clinically obese.... 2nd highest obesity rate in Europe after the U.K.
And I can't understand why those people eat that stuff when traditional French food is so much better. Maybe they are too lazy to cook properly ? Shame.

Cubist

Still wavin'
I currently have a surplus of venison. As a result of that surfeit I purchased an electric mincer with sausage nozzle. Last Saturday I recreated the MacDonalds burger, complete with crispy shoestring fries. Three parts Venison leg meat minced with one part chaps ( boned pigs cheeks) to up the fat content. A little salt, black pepper and a rough pressed 2.5oz patty. Griddled to perfection, served on a sesame seed burger bun, seasoned with a mixture of salt, msg and bouillon powder which was also used to season the fries. Toast the buns on the griddle, add 5 dots ketchup and a squiggle of American mustard , sliced gherkin and finely diced onion, topped with processed cheese slices, then iceberg lettuce and sainsbury burger sauce. Finally capped with the top of the bun. Fast food? Took me bloody ages, but it disappeared quickly enough!

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I currently have a surplus of venison. As a result of that surfeit I purchased an electric mincer with sausage nozzle. Last Saturday I recreated the MacDonalds burger, complete with crispy shoestring fries. Three parts Venison leg meat minced with one part chaps ( boned pigs cheeks) to up the fat content. A little salt, black pepper and a rough pressed 2.5oz patty. Griddled to perfection, served on a sesame seed burger bun, seasoned with a mixture of salt, msg and bouillon powder which was also used to season the fries. Toast the buns on the griddle, add 5 dots ketchup and a squiggle of American mustard , sliced gherkin and finely diced onion, topped with processed cheese slices, then iceberg lettuce and sainsbury burger sauce. Finally capped with the top of the bun. Fast food? Took me bloody ages, but it disappeared quickly enough!
I was going to :hungry: but you ruined it with the gherkin. And the mustard. And processed cheese.

Venison's dear

outlash

also available in orange

Never made burgers with Venison, but I regularly make beefburgers at home along with 'guilt free' chips made in the Actifry. FWIW, try adding a slice of grilled and skinned pepper in the burger. Lush :smile:.

outlash

also available in orange
[QUOTE 4467927, member: 259"]You are Prince Charles AICM5P[/QUOTE]

Needs some organic biscuits to really look the part though.

How fast does food have to be before it is classed a Fast Food?

I regularly have to wait for food so I want some clarification as to whether it falls into the fast category or is just food; also, what about fish'n'chips? Sometimes chippies have the fish already cooked and other times it's a good wait while it's cooked to order.

PK99

Legendary Member

eh?
pig cheeks are pretty lean!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I like Chipotle*, American fast food Mexican chain nosh. Mmmm Mexican nosh.

*How do you say that - I say chip-ottel whereas Mrs 3BM says chee-poat-lay, that sounds poncey?

I like Greggs cheese and onion pasties too but I'd never admit to that on a public forum.

Top Bottom