The first signs that you're getting there with fitness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I see you and raise you! lol

used to be this Then became this at least once a week until i moved down to cornwall. this morning i did this and will stretch it further once the shower is fixed! plus i sometimes go hill hunting at lunch ( this 570 ft climb ends at my office!)

Wowsa! I just just thrashed my guts out trying to beat a personal best at lunchtime and my shitfek phone gps recorded me go through a field instead of on the road! KHAAAAAN!

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Wowsa! I just just thrashed my guts out trying to beat a personal best at lunchtime and my shitfek phone gps recorded me go through a field instead of on the road! KHAAAAAN!

im seriously considering a garmin however have no interweb at home so the phone gets it! lol. stays on charge at lunch while i induldge in voyager and all afternoon just in case i want a big ride after work!

Berties

Fast and careful!
when a cycling partner that used to beat me on the hills says they don't like riding with me any more as they can't keep on hills or the flat:bicycle:

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
When you smash your pb on a cat 4 strava segment by 30 seconds using the big ring only then carrying 20+ mph through the next two!! Also getting into work 5 minutes earlier over 5 miles! All whilst having a monster headache and legs that feel really heavy!

I think my weakness is the opposite of Sampson's as I just had a haircut yesterday

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

rvw

Guru
[Tandemist] When your captain says "push" and you can.
(When your captain says "stop shoving" because you're showing off that you can.)
When you have enough breath to sing as you cycle.
When you have enough energy to want to sing as you cycle.

thefollen

Veteran
Improvement's a lovely feeling. Just getting my cycle legs back after two months out of commuting (nowhere to put the bike in that contract) and 'taking it easy' during deep tissue massage from an IT band strain.

For me, as someone may already have stated, it's when you favour the big ring on the chainset. Love getting a fairly high RPM on the middle cog then with a flick of the left wrist unleashing the turbines!

Quite funny earlier in the week, after a 10mile run on Sunday my legs were 'feeling it' let's say (again, had been recovering form the IT band strain and first run over 10k in 5months). Up until Wednesday cycling was far less painful than walking. Now the legs feel like beasts, haven't been legitimately scalped all week ;)

You get a different type of cycle legs for commuting (in London) too as it's very stop/start and nigh-on impossible to gain momentum for a decent length of time. Lots of accelerating and short bursts. Can't wait to hit up a long ride sometime soon! Love Richmond Park laps. Some of the hill routes you chaps have been posting look awesome, love a good climb, be it trail running or cycling.

Top Bottom