The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The hunt is on for the phantom cabbage flinger! https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45730381

postman

Legendary Member
We took the mother in law to Blackpool yesterday,to Thorntons for her chocolates.so i had a bit of time,i ran down to the beach,only to find thirty or forty people waiting for rides on the donkeys.Why are you so busy i asked the man,well i have named each donkey after a Manchester United player and this lot are lapping it up.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We took the mother in law to Blackpool yesterday,to Thorntons for her chocolates.so i had a bit of time,i ran down to the beach,only to find thirty or forty people waiting for rides on the donkeys.Why are you so busy i asked the man,well i have named each donkey after a Manchester United player and this lot are lapping it up.
Why would anyone name all there donkeys sh**e ?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Lovely bit of writing from one Barney Ronay in the grauniad:

"It did not take long for Messi’s first law of physics to assert itself. This is the law that says Messi can basically make it up as he goes along. With 90 seconds gone that familiar hunched figure picked the ball up in the centre circle and spun around, the Messi sonar already picking out the location and trajectory of every object within his range.

At that moment the pass out to Jordi Alba did not really exist. There were bodies in the way. The line of sight was blocked. The pass was an idea, something scribbled on a Post-It note, talks about talks.

Messi did it anyway, hitting the ball with just enough fade to glide through the narrow target area between Philippe Coutinho and Kieran Trippier as they ran back. Trippier was almost turned inside out, wrenching his neck round, corkscrewing himself into the turf. Hugo Lloris saw it too late, rushing out in a panic, arms waggling at his sides, like a man chasing chickens across a motorway intersection. The weight of the pass was perfect, offering Alba a half-volley inside to Coutinho, whose finish was spanked through the covering bodies. With two minutes gone a single Messi pass had left the white shirts writhing about in their own area like the dregs from the last night-bus home."

AndyRM

XOXO
A pleasing sight before battle commences in Scotland:

472e2f2f-eb15-409b-94e5-eda3c1eb568e.jpg

Hoping for unlikely losses for Livingston and Hibs and a win for Killie. Should be easy against Dundee who are bottom but we've had an awful habit of losing winnable matches over the years so despite the Steve Clarke revival (which is amazing) I am still a little nervous.

pjd57

Veteran
A pleasing sight before battle commences in Scotland:

View attachment 432964

Hoping for unlikely losses for Livingston and Hibs and a win for Killie. Should be easy against Dundee who are bottom but we've had an awful habit of losing winnable matches over the years so despite the Steve Clarke revival (which is amazing) I am still a little nervous.

No mention of Hearts?

Hopefully a right scrappy draw with a few red cards

Comprehensive 6-0 win for Hibs, comprehensive 4-0 defeat for Forfar.

I was unable to attend our amateur game today, but there were 4 red cards following a mass brawl and we got beat 4-1.

Top Bottom