The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
It used to be such a big occassion. I would get my beers and butties ready. TV was on at 12.00 to see all the interviews with fans etc.
A really good afternoon.
Now......its nothing.

This is, I think, partly because the options for viewing football are so plentiful. Well, for some competitions/leagues at least.

13 rider

Guru
Good win for the foxes at Stamford Bridge . I would have still preferred to have played a full strength team last Tuesday in the Caribou cup and gone for it against Man city and hopefully gone through to play Burton in the semi final ,but the premiership it most important in managers mind ,fans would take a cup semi instead of 8th or 12th in the league

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
This is, I think, partly because the options for viewing football are so plentiful. Well, for some competitions/leagues at least.
In the heyday of the FA Cup there were only two live football matches on TV every year, the cup final and England v Scotland. The 1965 European Cup Winners Cup final was the first European final to be shown live, and it wasn't till a year later that all World Cup matches were shown live. Prior to that I don't think any of them were because of the technical difficulties of getting live transmissions from half way round the world.

Match of The Day didn't start till '64 or '65 so there really was bugger all football on the box.

pjd57

Veteran
Another comfortable Celtic 3 Dundee 0.

Result flatters the visitors. They were poor.
Changed my route to and from CP to avoid going through the middle of the city centre. Far too busy today.
Weather wasn't too bad. Heavy shower for the last few minutes of the journey there , same coming hone

pawl

Legendary Member
Good win for the foxes at Stamford Bridge . I would have still preferred to have played a full strength team last Tuesday in the Caribou cup and gone for it against Man city and hopefully gone through to play Burton in the semi final ,but the premiership it most important in managers mind ,fans would take a cup semi instead of 8th or 12th in the league

Hope the managers reads this Perhaps he will .If the rumours are correct he may be soon on his bike.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Sunderland have two games in hand over Pompey, but they're now eight points behind after losing at Fratton Park. Back to winning ways after a defeat and a draw in the last couple of games. Luton won too, but we're still four points clear at the top :smile:

13 rider

Guru
Hope the managers reads this Perhaps he will .If the rumours are correct he may be soon on his bike.
Yes heard the rumours . But his squad rotation on Tuesday paid dividends in terms of premiership points .The premiership had become the overriding measure of success but as a I suspect most fans of teams unlikely to win the premiership ( but not impossible ^_^) would love a cup final

Top Bottom