The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Ffs, but of an overreaction, no?

Of course, I hope we pump you, but we’re dropping points away from home left, right and centre, so I wouldn’t chuck in the towel just yet!
Celtic are dropping points they would never have dropped in the past and we still can't get close. We haven't been able to put teams away despite dominating for far too long now with no sign of this changing anytime soon. Can we turn this into a victory on Saturday, highly unlikely on current form but as everyone knows, form goes out the window for this one even now. A defeat for us would be the end of any meaningful challenge though.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
So Jordan Henderson, club captain of Liverpool FC, what did you do over Christmas?

View attachment 443976
On the same theme, this got posted on the comments about tonight's match over on the Guardian site. User name 'Campagnolo' (excellent!)...
"I don’t know much about football, I’m not really a fan either but my 15 year old brother is a huge fan. He’s utterly obsessed with the team and has been for about 10 years.

He has autism and big crowds/loud noises disorientate him so he’s never been able to go to a game, sadly. But for his 15th birthday my Mother wanted to take him to Anfield for his birthday on one of the club tours. She called and asked if they had quiet sessions (quite a lot of places do things like this for people who need quiet) but was told that they didn’t but asked for her contact details and a bit of info on my brother.

A couple of weeks later somebody from the club got back to her. They recognised by brother’s name as he’s always writing to the club for autographs (which always come) over the years. What they had organised is for him to go and watch the club train at Melwood.

He got a private tour of the training ground, got to watch the team training pitchside, got to meet all the players training afterwards who then ALL signed a training ball they had been playing with and presented it to him with a new LFC kit.

Didn’t just make his birthday I think it was possibly the best thing he’s ever experienced in his entire life. It was a fairly simple thing for Liverpool FC to arrange but not one they had to; it was just an act of kindness and gratitude to a big fan.

I don’t think my brother will ever stop talking about this. For that alone I’m praying that Liverpool win the league. Every time they win like today and I check the score I know my brother will be smiling and that’s good enough for me."

Dave7

Legendary Member
@StuAff
A very nice story that......nice one.
I am a fan going back to the 60s/70s/80 when they ruled Europe.
My son is a fan and it is my wish that he sees them win the league before I pop my clogs.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I dont mean JUST BEFORE I pop my clogs..... 20 years before will do fine :rolleyes:
In a purely selfless act, I am going to place all my hopes, wishes and prayers with that to happen AND KEEP ON HAPPENING for the next 20 years so that this team - whoever it is they may be - win this title FOR EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THE NEXT 20 YEARS! Kind of me that, isn't it?

pjd57

Veteran
Celtic are dropping points they would never have dropped in the past and we still can't get close. We haven't been able to put teams away despite dominating for far too long now with no sign of this changing anytime soon. Can we turn this into a victory on Saturday, highly unlikely on current form but as everyone knows, form goes out the window for this one even now. A defeat for us would be the end of any meaningful challenge though.

They've dropped a lot of points, but not really when it's mattered.

Under Brendan Rodgers, Celtic still haven't lost a domestic match that mattered

Slick

Guru
They've dropped a lot of points, but not really when it's mattered.

Under Brendan Rodgers, Celtic still haven't lost a domestic match that mattered
If there was strong competition, they would all matter, which was the main reason for my initial lament about my own team's performances and chances of success this season.

gavgav

Guru
Depends on the weather. :smile:
So, did you go then @Accy cyclist ? From reading the match report it appears we were awful and you weren’t!!

gavgav

Guru
Yes i did. We nearly threw it away near the end,but we held on. It's not been a bad season for Accy,so far. :smile:
Indeed, you started like a train, this season, then went through a bad patch, but it appears you’ve ridden that and come good again now. We are so inconsistent and still in danger of getting sucked into a relegation battle.

MarkF

Guru
If there was strong competition, they would all matter, which was the main reason for my initial lament about my own team's performances and chances of success this season.

Having watched Celtic v Dundee last week I agree, it wasn't a match at all, Dundee would struggle to stay up in League 2. Also I see Andy Halliday getting good game time at Rangers, this was a bit-part player who was let go by Division 3 Bradford City, who's fans would generously describe him as a "tryer... but limited".

I am a reasonable chap. I want Leeds to go up but Liverpool? I'd like them to lose the league in the last minute of the season.:okay:

Slick

Guru
Having watched Celtic v Dundee last week I agree, it wasn't a match at all, Dundee would struggle to stay up in League 2. Also I see Andy Halliday getting good game time at Rangers, this was a bit-part player who was let go by Division 3 Bradford City, who's fans would generously describe him as a "tryer... but limited".

I am a reasonable chap. I want Leeds to go up but Liverpool? I'd like them to lose the league in the last minute of the season.:okay:
Unfortunately, Halliday is one of the reasons we're poor.

Top Bottom