The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Liverpool did well ....
They did indeed.
A bit 'picky' maybe as they won 5.1 but I didnt think the defence looked quite so solid as previously.

MarkF

Guru
You call me Mark for having Blackburn as my kind of second club,but a Bradford fan always hoping Leeds do well??!!:ohmy: The last time i encountered this kind of phenomenon was when i met a Bolton fan who had a soft spot for Man Utd!!:wacko:

All my family support Leeds and it's where l was taken as a boy, before l saw the light. I love football and apart from an extreme & inexplicable deep loathing of Liverpool all other clubs are OK by me :okay:

You coming to the big ground & crowd?

Slick

Guru
Rangers played very well - right up for it, first to every challenge.

We were as poor as I’ve seen us since Ronny Deila - abysmal and with some bizarre decisions around the lineup.

Makes for an interesting January onwards
Probably the most honest assessment I've heard yet and I fully agree with it. I don't usually mention too much about other teams but I was surprised by how little Celtic had to offer, why that was is obviously up for debate and will be very different when we go to Parkhead. I know it's now a moot point, but the signs of why we have been unable to put teams away despite dominating large chunks of the game are still there and must be addressed soon if we are really going to make it an interesting run in.

[QUOTE="MarkF, post: 5484936, member: 476"]Halliday looked one of the better players on the pitch, which is illuminating.....................Celtic had a rude shock after the training session v Dundee, hardly great preparation.

Wacko German co-owner is sent packing by his partner and bingo, Bradford City immediately start trying, winning and zooming up the form table, it remains to be seen whether or not the 4000 boycotters return.

Accy up next which'll be a doddle.:okay:[/QUOTE]

Halliday did have one of his better games for us and Gerard described him as his captain but for me, one swallow does not a summer make and I'll be more than surprised if he is not off loaded at the end of the season.

Also, that's a couple of times you have mentioned Celtic v Dundee, and I know that's all you have to go on but please don't judge our game up here by a poor top v bottom clash as I've seen plenty of them in every league in the country and there's much more to our game than that.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
agree here. arsenal were unlucky that liverpools goalkeeper was on form
A combination of things really - a cobbled together Arsenal defence, a flukey first Liverpool goal and giving away two penalties... definitely NOT a good day for Arsenal. And just to compund their miserable weekend, all the teams around them won apart from Spurs, so they are now 5 points off 4th place.

Not a good time to be an Arsenal supporter (like me). :sad:

Liverpool look good for the title now I think. Its time they won one too.

West ham must be the most inconsistent team in the EPL.
Great display against southampton to an absolute shocker against burnley.
Burnley played well though and should have had more than two goals.
Heaton pulled off a great save from carroll right at the end.Why did they drop hart :whistle:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
West ham must be the most inconsistent team in the EPL.
Great display against southampton to an absolute shocker against burnley.
Burnley played well though and should have had more than two goals.
Heaton pulled off a great save from carroll right at the end.Why did they drop hart :whistle:
It can be frustrating being a Hammers fan. At least we are not fighting relegation this year.

As for Hart, he looks to be finished at EPL level.

gavgav

Guru
We weren't against Shrewsbury,but we were yesterday! A very good point for the Shrews at Sunderland though!!
Yes, by all accounts we went up there and gave as good as we got, upset them a bit with our tactics (they seem to be suffering from big club syndrome, I.e expecting the smaller teams like us and you to roll over and let them win :laugh:) and gained a very good point. We are so inconsistent!!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Heaton pulled off a great save from carroll right at the end.

I'm failing to see what was so wonderful about his save. All i can see is a 'bullet header' at point blank range directed straight at the keeper,or just above his head. At most all he had to do was stretch his arm up to stop it hitting the net. It wasn't exactly a Gordon banks world cup 1970 v Brazil dive to the floor in a split second save. Heaton didn't have much maneuvering to do to stop the ball.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
an extreme & inexplicable deep loathing of Liverpool all other clubs are OK by me

Many football fans would have that same feeling about Leeds Utd. I've been to both Anfield and Elland Road to watch Blackburn Rovers play. I've
/we've encountered trouble at both places. Granted,both cases were in the 80's and 90's respectively,but i bet they're still hostile nasty places for away fans to visit. They won't be the only such places,but for me i have bad memories of both. Those images of Liverpool 'fans' attacking the Man City bus last season kind of summed up what a shoot hole Liverpool is and diminished those 'lovable Scouser' images we're expected to believe in.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Barnet won again, 0-1 against Dagenham and Redbridge. I am going to the game tomorrow against our local rivals, Boreham Wood. Maybe we can beat them this time, 0-1 on Boxing day

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
A combination of things really - a cobbled together Arsenal defence, a flukey first Liverpool goal and giving away two penalties... definitely NOT a good day for Arsenal.

There's been a lot of talk of Liverpool players diving, but from my view of the match it looked like the only players diving were the Arsenal defenders, who seemed intent on going down like a sack of spuds every time Liverpool got near their penalty area.

Firmino's second goal was both magnificent for his skill and hilarious for the defenders' utter ineptitude. What on earth was Torreira doing? Firmino wasn't anywhere near him when he went to ground.

Liverpool look good for the title now I think.

Pffft. We lost 5-0 at the Etihad last season and I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens again on Thursday. Despite a couple of recent blips, City at home are an extremely dangerous proposition, especially with Fernandinho back. Hell, they very nearly snuck a win at Anfield and were a bit unlucky not to. I'm thinking another cagey 0-0 would be the perfect result for both teams.

Then we've got to pay a visit to the Theatre of Shite as well, which is not going to be easy with that rabble's newfound self-belief. Again, a draw would be a good result there.

Anyway, neither game is going to define the season for us or anyone else. Winning both would be nice but I won't start thinking about the title until it's mathematically impossible to throw it away. Even in the 80s when Liverpool were definitively the best team in Europe, winning the league wasn't something you ever took for granted.

Top Bottom