The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I don't know if this is entirely football related but last night in the car park behind the Kemlyn (well I still call it that!) before Liverpool kicked off against the Bavarians, we saw a car that mystified us. It was a Rolls Royce SUV. It was reckoned to belong to Richard Scudamore and the index number bore that out. We looked up the info on the car and discovered it's the Culinan, named after the world's largest uncut diamond and RR's first venture into the SUV market. It only became available on the UK market last month and the prices begin at £250,000 making it the world's most expensive production car.
Culinan.jpg

It was funny that during the game, the Bayern fans earned a standing ovation from all parts of the ground when they produced a banner outlining the costs to fans of attending football matches with the line 'Greed knows no limits' with the 'e's replaced by the Euro symbol (but I can't be bothered dredging it up on this keyboard).

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I don't know if this is entirely football related but last night in the car park behind the Kemlyn (well I still call it that!) before Liverpool kicked off against the Bavarians, we saw a car that mystified us. It was a Rolls Royce SUV. It was reckoned to belong to Richard Scudamore and the index number bore that out. We looked up the info on the car and discovered it's the Culinan, named after the world's largest uncut diamond and RR's first venture into the SUV market. It only became available on the UK market last month and the prices begin at £250,000 making it the world's most expensive production car. View attachment 453706

It was funny that during the game, the Bayern fans earned a standing ovation from all parts of the ground when they produced a banner outlining the costs to fans of attending football matches with the line 'Greed knows no limits' with the 'e's replaced by the Euro symbol (but I can't be bothered dredging it up on this keyboard).
World's most expensive production car, £250,000.....not quite. Apart from the Bugatti Chiron (£2.1m or thereabouts), there are a lot of high-end motors more expensive. The Cullinan is a revolting creation, so it would suit Mr Scudamore down to the ground.

PaulB

Legendary Member
World's most expensive production car, £250,000.....not quite. Apart from the Bugatti Chiron (£2.1m or thereabouts), there are a lot of high-end motors more expensive. The Cullinan is a revolting creation, so it would suit Mr Scudamore down to the ground.
No, from what I've read about it, I believe it is intended to be the world's most expensive car. Full prices are yet to be released but for those skinflints out there, the base model is expected to cost a trifling £250,000 but with add-ons and a bit of pimp-ery, you will be allowed to own the one with the big title.

AndyRM

XOXO
In fitba news, Killie have once again been shafted by utterly incompetent and biased refereeing. In a perverse way, I hope Clarke walks away in protest over what's happened in our last two matches*.

I know I'm fed up with the bias shown towards the only two teams who matter in Scotland.

*For those not in the know, that's Celtic trashing our stadium (which is nothing new, but still), and a referee handing a cup replay to Rangers.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Well done Steve Clarke for saying what we all know -

“The red card is a joke.

“If that’s the standards we might as well go home. Why speak?

“It’s every week, every other week. Why? You’ll probably write Morelos four goals but the officials decided the game.

“It’s embarrassing. The goalie just lifted his arms.

“Every goalie does it every week. It’s embarrassing. I’m talking in general, bad decisions.

“All we talk about is our refs. How can I talk about football tonight?

“It’s nice being back in the west of Scotland – really nice.

“When I was approached by Rangers about taking over the job here I was assured, nah, we didn’t have that in the west of Scotland anymore and it had gone. Hahaha.

“They can call me a b*****d or w****r but to call me a ****** b*****d? Come on.

“We’re living in the dark ages. They’re not allowed to call my assistant a black B but they can call me a ****** b*****d. Is that correct?

"I wake up every morning and thank Chelsea for taking me away from the west of Scotland because my children don't understand this.

“What are we doing in Scotland?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
No, from what I've read about it, I believe it is intended to be the world's most expensive car. Full prices are yet to be released but for those skinflints out there, the base model is expected to cost a trifling £250,000 but with add-ons and a bit of pimp-ery, you will be allowed to own the one with the big title.
I don't think RR would agree. Certainly they'll turn it into a four wheel luxury yacht for those who are so inclined, but it isn't going to get anywhere near a Chiron (and Bugatti will, of course, do that customisation for its customers as well), it's just not expensive enough....standard options take it to a mere £350,000. A bit of 24 carat gold and some diamonds might make it more expensive, but nothing a plutocrat couldn't do to something with a much higher sticker price. Bugatti is also building the Divo (£4.5m, 40 units, all pre-sold). Then there's Koenigsegg, the various limited-edition Ferraris, McLaren's new flagship....

vickster

Legendary Member
World's ugliest maybe xx(

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Interesting that's the angle the ref saw it from and gave nothing. It was the linesman who gave it.

I think I've seen goalkeepers do that at virtually every corner ever taken but it's the first time I've seen the opposition player go down like he was poleaxed. I take it he's out of intensive care now?

Slick

Guru
To be fair from the other angle it didn't look much, didn't think it was red myself until I saw it from this angle.
Obviously a few others in their rush to be outraged commented before they saw the full picture as well.

Anyway, a straightforward romp into the next round for my team.

AndyRM

XOXO
To be fair from the other angle it didn't look much, didn't think it was red myself until I saw it from this angle.

Obvious bias aside, I still don't see that as a red. I can see why it's been given, but it's the kind of thing that goes on.

Whatever. It means that Rangers' season isn't finished and the game everyone wanted to see against Aberdeen can happen.

Hooray.

Top Bottom