The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Final.jpg

Last night.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Fair play to Klopp and Liverpool. The lesser of 2 evils won.

postman

Legendary Member
Not a classic,poor game.glad of var though.Everything from shirt pulling is going to be seen to.Soon they will understand this and we might get a better game of flowing football.I am glad for Klopp.Van Dyk was interviewed by the police after the game,was was he doing with £140 million in his back pocket.Kane and Dele .

Dave7

Legendary Member
Omg, what a turgid load of nothingness!
Would you have said that if Spurs had won though ^_^
TBF it was the worst final I can recall. I can only assume it was a combination of......
3 weeks since last game
Very hot and humid
Lpool could only beat the team in front of them (tongue in cheek).
BTW......where is that apology :laugh:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I wouldn't say it was the worse final there's been. I know you'd have to be pretty old(like Dave 7 :whistle:) to have seen them all,but I seem to recall some dire finals over the years. I suppose we had two great semis so we should remember those not the final itself from this year's competition.

World Cups seem to have boring non eventful finals. Remember the one in 1990 between West Germany and Argentina?:tired:

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I wouldn't say it was the worse final there's been. I know you'd have to be pretty old(like Dave 7 :whistle:) to have seen them all,but I seem to recall some dire finals over the years. I suppose we had two great semis so we should remember those not the final itself from this year's competition.

World Cups seem to have boring non eventful finals. Remember the one in 1990 between West Germany and Argentina?:tired:
The difference is, at my age I cant remember them ^_^

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Watched it in a Manchester boozer with @theclaud

Whilst it wasn't a great game, when we've all forgotten about the details, it will still show Liverpool as Winner of the Champions League, and that's what really matters

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
As a Spurs supporter I thought the game overall was pretty poor. Spurs had the greater possession but couldn't get the final ball right. Kane was nowhere in the game, I wouldn't of started him. As for the penalty, as the rules now state, any contact with the arm/hand will be deemed a foul and a penalty awarded. Liverpool got the goals, well done to them.

Dave7

Legendary Member
As a Spurs supporter I thought the game overall was pretty poor. Spurs had the greater possession but couldn't get the final ball right. Kane was nowhere in the game, I wouldn't of started him. As for the penalty, as the rules now state, any contact with the arm/hand will be deemed a foul and a penalty awarded. Liverpool got the goals, well done to them.
Nice comment.
Spurs made the error of starting Kane and imo Firminho should not have started.
The second it happened I shouted "penalty". It really was a school boy error.
Cant put my finger on why but was confident of a win from shortly after the start.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Watched it in a Manchester boozer with @theclaud

Whilst it wasn't a great game, when we've all forgotten about the details, it will still show Liverpool as Winner of the Champions League, and that's what really matters
Had it been played two weeks ago, no-one would be belly-aching about the quality of the football. Having finished a marathon season, taking three weeks off playing competitive football and then being asked to raise your game again for one last go was a great folly. Liverpool would have won three weeks/two weeks/one week ago because the defence is air-tight and Spurs wouldn't have scored had the game still been going on now.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
The Liverpool player was playing for that penalty. He saw the outstretched arm and deliberately kicked the ball at the player. If you see a replay, just look where the ball would have gone if it hadn't hit the defender. There was nobody there to pass to.

But it worked because current handball rules are ridiculous. The defenders don't have time to get arms out of the way when they are that close to a ball kicked at them. I thought handball had to be deliberate? Obviously not these days.

Rough decision for Spurs so early in the game (and I say that as a Gooner).

Cavalol

Guru
Klopp is a fantastic manager. He's bought the best out in some players who may be aren't the greatest, he motivates, he's (seemingly) always happy, he's passionate and he's very likeable. I still want/ed them to lose, though.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I thought handball had to be deliberate? Obviously not these days.

Rough decision for Spurs so early in the game (and I say that as a Gooner).
The "Deliberate" aspect to handball has always been a bit of a fallacy. It is accepted that if your arm was outstretched from your body contact with the ball makes it an offence, unless you were so close you did not have time to get it out of the way. Although in this case I do think it was very harsh as the ball appeared to hit his shoulder as much as his arm.

Tottenham proved that picking an iconic player when they are not match fit is a big mistake, as has been seen many times before. They got to the final without him and they should have played it without him.

Top Bottom