The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
upload_2019-6-2_19-0-34.png

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
A key difference: Poch left his underperformers (well, worst underperformers) on the pitch, whereas Klopp subbed Firmino & Wijnaldum. And Origi did the supersub thing again...Regardless of the penalty decision (and the ref was following UEFA guidelines), Spurs were wasteful of their possession- not that Allison and the Liverpool defence let them use it properly. Guardiola expects Man City to perform even better next season. Hard to see LFC not improving too…it's whether any of the chasing pack can, er, chase them.....

StuAff

Oh yes, there was a great quote, that I'd not heard before, in the Ch4 documentary about the two managers on Thursday. Klopp made a brief appearance at the LFC TV Christmas party in 2015, being interviewed. Asked if he felt like a Scouser, he replied 'Yeah- I've got a purple wheelie bin'. :smile:

StuAff

Opinions count for shoot .... liverpool have been struggling for many years and will never be a top 4 club again.
You'll never walk alone or own your own home .... walk on walk on!
I thought this was twaddle even then. League finishes since then: 2, 6 (Suarez sold, a couple of terrible runs), 8 (another lousy run at the beginning leading to Rodgers' sacking and some German bloke coming in), 4, 4, 2. And two European finals and a League Cup final, before Saturday night. They want that ******* perch back (actually equal with Man Utd on major honours again).

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
The "Deliberate" aspect to handball has always been a bit of a fallacy. It is accepted that if your arm was outstretched from your body contact with the ball makes it an offence, unless you were so close you did not have time to get it out of the way. Although in this case I do think it was very harsh as the ball appeared to hit his shoulder as much as his arm.

Tottenham proved that picking an iconic player when they are not match fit is a big mistake, as has been seen many times before. They got to the final without him and they should have played it without him.
I did see a slow motion replay which shows the ball clearly hit his chest first and his bicep a slit second later - but after that it sort of rolled down his arm as he was lowering it. I think he was too close to be able to get out of the way but he was at fault for holding his arm out and giving the guy a chance to kick the ball at it!

MarkF

Guru
Would you have said that if Spurs had won though ^_^
TBF it was the worst final I can recall. I can only assume it was a combination of......
3 weeks since last game
Very hot and humid
Lpool could only beat the team in front of them (tongue in cheek).
BTW......where is that apology :laugh:

Yes l would have. Although l like to wind up a bit, l don't have any love for Spurs. I took the day off as annual leave to enjoy what l genuinely thought would be a good game.:sad:

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
The game was pretty rubbish, I spent most of the time browsing Google for places to stay in Bergamo - however -Athletico's stadium looked superb, really impressive !

Kempstonian

I think that of the four English teams in the two finals only one team actually turned up - and they only did that in the second half.

ozboz

Guru
I think that of the four English teams in the two finals only one team actually turned up - and they only did that in the second half.

I take it you are on about Chelsea which is basically what my Chelsea fan base mates said , I left the Pub at half time on Saturday, which I havnt done on a final of the magnitude the CL final usually is ,

Kempstonian

I take it you are on about Chelsea which is basically what my Chelsea fan base mates said , I left the Pub at half time on Saturday, which I havnt done on a final of the magnitude the CL final usually is ,
Yes I was referring to them. I was watching the match and turned it off when the second goal went in.

Actually I should have put money on that match because I told a neighbour the day before that two things would happen if we didn't score first - Giroud and Hazard would both score. I was pleased for Giroud though (being an ex-Arsenal player).

In this summer transfer window I don't want to read anything about Arsenal chasing forwards or midfielders. We should be spending any available money on a solid defence. I think there will be a few players leaving too.

Top Bottom