The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A real end to end game at Accy today in the wind and rain saw us get the winner in the '95th' minute!:okay:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51423703

AndyRM

XOXO
Meanwhile, back in Scotland, Glasgow wins everything. Again. It's the unpredictability that keeps everything so exciting up there, isn't it?

Only four teams have consistently won the English Premier League since its inception, I'm not sure that's particularly exciting either. Sky have played a blinder in convincing folk it's the best league in the world, but I don't see it that way, espcially when fans are finding it increasingly unaffordable to go and watch their teams.

MarkF

Guru
Only four teams have consistently won the English Premier League since its inception, I'm not sure that's particularly exciting either. Sky have played a blinder in convincing folk it's the best league in the world, but I don't see it that way, espcially when fans are finding it increasingly unaffordable to go and watch their teams.

I think that Liverpool right now might be the best team in the world. But yep, the PL is overhyped, Take away Man City & Barca and I'd wager that over two legs, Valencia/Atletico/Villareal/Athletic/Sociedad would beat the rest of the "top" PL clubs, maybe Betis & Getafe would too, the best football in europe is in Spain where it's been for over a decade.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
But the full total is six and almost certainly rising to seven this year, which is very high compared to the other major leagues round the world.

The other difference with the English game is that the teams who were dominating at various times during the game's history only did it for a limited time before back slipping into a long period of relative (Or in many cases total) mediocrity. Compare that with countries like Scotland and Spain where the dominance of the big two is total and permanent, with only short periods where one or the other hits a bad patch.

AndyRM

XOXO
But the full total is six and almost certainly rising to seven this year, which is very high compared to the other major leagues round the world.

The other difference with the English game is that the teams who were dominating at various times during the game's history only did it for a limited time before back slipping into a long period of relative (Or in many cases total) mediocrity. Compare that with countries like Scotland and Spain where the dominance of the big two is total and permanent, with only short periods where one or the other hits a bad patch.

Yes, I understand and appreciate all that, but most fans outside the Old Firm just let them get on with their own mini league and enjoy what else there is to offer.

For example, nobody was really expecting Livingston to do so well, Hearts' implosion has been hilarious and Killie have contributed some truly baffling off field decisions, as well as giving everyone a right good laugh when we got knocked out of Europe.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Could somebody check on @AndyRM ?

ozboz

Guru
Listening to the Man City net , the City management are adamant they did no wrong , so it will be interesting in the summer, on another note , VaR , it seems Venger has thrown his opinion in to get the laws changed, I hope that it is sorted , it’s spoiling the game for everyone ,

Seevio

Guru
I read Wenger's proposal. It may or may not make the game better but it will have no effect on VAR. All it would do is change where the line is between onside and offsife.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Have to say, Caley have a point -

https://ictfc.com/club-statement-9

(Caley had a player red-carded for "simulation". The club appealed and tv appears to show the player was clearly impeded and there was contact. An appeal panel looked at the tv evidence (probably) and decided to uphold the decision.

Top Bottom