The Football.....

AndyRM

XOXO
A very, very pleasing win for Killie last night against Rangers. Gubbed their title challenge (not for the first time) and provided a great deal of cheer in what has been a fairly disappointing season so far.

pjd57

Veteran
A very, very pleasing win for Killie last night against Rangers. Gubbed their title challenge (not for the first time) and provided a great deal of cheer in what has been a fairly disappointing season so far.
The goal reports fairly raised the noise level on a cold night in Glasgow's east end.
Great second half from Celtic helped as well.
Not the coldest night I've cycled over to a game, but definitely the worst I've seen the main roads.
Gritter drivers must have finished early.

PaulB

Legendary Member
So we've got football back this weekend then. Let's not bother with the inconvenience the proper supporters have to put up with then - you know, actual match-going supporters. Saturday night away in bloody Narch! As long as the couch-dwellers are happy though, eh?

vickster

Legendary Member
So we've got football back this weekend then. Let's not bother with the inconvenience the proper supporters have to put up with then - you know, actual match-going supporters. Saturday night away in bloody Narch! As long as the couch-dwellers are happy though, eh?
I'd check the weather forecast though before travelling :okay:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
So Man City banned from Europe for two seasons for cheating. Will any more be facing action?
It will be overturned

It will be overturned
It may be, but UEFA is a large and well-financed organisation to face down.

In this case, Manchester City's money may not give them an unfair advantage.

Chelsea accepted they did wrong, and focussed on reducing the penalty.

When the folks at City have calmed down, they may pursue a similar tactic.

One year ban with the second year suspended might be a compromise that could be reluctantly accepted by both parties.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I watched the Wolves - Leicester match last night where VAR proved once again how it is ruining the game. Wolves had a goal disallowed because a players ankle was offside. That sort of forensic examination of decisions like that is completely out of step with the reasons the offside law was formulated.

flake99please

Make mine a '99'
Whilst I do agree the decision appears harsh. The offside rules are clear. Talks of allowing (X)cm over cannot be considered. Where would the (no pun intended) line be drawn (X.1cm for example)?

For a goal/throw-in/corner to be given, the ball must ‘clearly’ cross the line. Why not bring the ‘clear daylight’ rule back from the past for offsides. Could VAR work if that were adopted again?

PaulB

Legendary Member
Your heart has to bleed for poor, poor Rahim Sterling and the potential threat his earnings are under at present due to this Manchester City debacle. We should have a collection for him to let him know what we think of him.

On a completely separate and entirely unrelated note, does anyone have change for a 2p?

Top Bottom