The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
According to the Rangers fan I know at work, Gerrard will be away in summer as he's lost the dressing room with Warnock being lined up as his successor. Whether there's any truth to that I don't know, but he's generally quite clued up.
Tell him I wish him a speedy recovery. 👍

MarkF

Guru
According to the Rangers fan I know at work, Gerrard will be away in summer as he's lost the dressing room with Warnock being lined up as his successor. Whether there's any truth to that I don't know, but he's generally quite clued up.
Warnock will go anywhere, he said he'd go to L2 or wherever, to get the few games (12?) he needs to have managed a 1000 games. I like him and he's got funnier as he's got older, if any club needs a "push" to avoid relegation or get into the play offs, he's your man.

Linked with Ipswich now that their wheels have come off.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Well, that was a thoroughly enjoyable day out dahn sarf, and despite John Stones bringing out the ghost of City past, we managed not to throw away a 2-0 lead. Special shout out for MoTM Phil Foden, surely must get into the squad for the Euros.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
On past years' evidence, it's hard to be positive that Leeds will go up... fingers' crossed. Fulham always have a charge! Be good to see Sunderland promoted too.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Your humble and unassuming fanbase deserves nothing less.
they been poking fun at us for 30yrs........poke a tiger for 30yrs and at some stage he will bite bike, but at least we won it all with our own money and not breaking FFP rules :whistle::okay:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Poor you!

Must have been terrible. Have a hug:hugs:
it was soo terrible that in that period of 30yrs....we won 2 champions leagues, 3 europa leagues, 4 fa cups, 2 super sups, 2 league cups and world club cup. i wonder if city or utd would win the same if they went on a 30yr league hiatus

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
it was soo terrible that in that period of 30yrs....we won 2 champions leagues, 3 europa leagues, 4 fa cups, 2 super sups, 2 league cups and world club cup. i wonder if city or utd would win the same if they went on a 30yr league hiatus

OK, this is getting too weird for me. Enjoy!

PaulB

Legendary Member
Since when did the FA Cup fifth round take place on a Tuesday / Wednesday night?
Since it slid off the list of priorities for those with European aspirations. Or those wanting to eat from the money trough. The actual winner of the FA cup get a cash injection of £3 million. Each position in the Premier league is worth ANOTHER £3 million so it's more important for - say - Bournemouth to finish 12th rather than 14th in the Prem than to win the FA cup outright as that will earn them an additional £6 million and be slightly better equipped to prepare for the next season.

PaulB

Legendary Member
England. Which is the only football team in the current football league set up (Premiership, Championship, div 1, Div 2) entirely composed of letters you can't colour in? (Use your brains, people, Google is for the hard of thinking)

Scotland. Which is the only football team in the current Scottish league set up composed of none of the letters in the word 'football'?

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I prefer it. The FA Cup is no longer as important as it used to be and holding the latter rounds in midweek makes sense. It also gives us some matches to watch in the evening, especially as I now find the normal TV fare has little appeal.

I'd like to say I'm going to enjoy it tonight although I think Liverpool will beat us esp' if they are taking the match seriously and field their best team.

Top Bottom