The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I actually think Barca will come up with something. They have little money so possibly some kind of future : coach, president?
Maybe. At the moment though they have a new manager and need to rebuild the team, so the money might come in very handy for that. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Messi returned to Barca in the future as a coach, manager or board member. He clearly loves the club or he wouldn't have stayed there all the years he has.

MarkF

Guru
Can't see him leaving. I paid good money to watch him in first in the Wembley Cup in 2009 then a few years later in Seville v Betis when I took my son just so he could see him too. Money well spent, he's a phenomenon and I'm sure we won't see anything like him again.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Re Maguire.
I am not a fan of his and I think Utd paid WAY over what he was worth.......but
The police say he did xyz
HE says he did none of it.
Now, if they jailed him for being a Utd player then fine but for the actual accusations, apart from the police** I have not seen any reported evidence.
**even Drago would have to admit the police have been known to 'fit people up'.
Or have I missed something.

vickster

Legendary Member
He reportedly tried to bribe officials which would suggest a modicum of having done something not entirely legit to get out of?
Hasn’t he been found guilty in a Greek court where presumably evidence and witness or complainant statement LS were presented? Maybe you need to brush up your Greek to read the local reporting?

Dave7

Legendary Member
He reportedly tried to bribe officials which would suggest a modicum of having done something not entirely legit to get out of?
Hasn’t he been found guilty in a Greek court where presumably evidence and witness or complainant statement LS were presented? Maybe you need to brush up your Greek to read the local reporting?
"reportedly tried to bribe" is the phrase I mean. I would have thought that if there was real evidence it would have been reported.

vickster

Legendary Member
"reportedly tried to bribe" is the phrase I mean. I would have thought that if there was real evidence it would have been reported.
Reported by whom?
He’s now appealing
Harry Maguire: Man Utd captain's legal team lodges appeal against guilty verdict
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53922147

Stephenite

Membå
Re the Maguire thing. Having run through the events as reported. I can only conclude it is a fit up, the case against his party will fall apart on appeal.

MarkF

Guru
Cheap as it is I'll give it a miss, I don't want to miss Bolton Wanderers and get given bleedin Stevenage! Can only imagine the palaver getting in and out of the ground too, a day at the football might well be a day. Looks like Guiseley or Farsley Celtic, pick and choose the better games.

"Having worked closely with the local Safety Advisory Group and the EFL, City officials have formulated a package which enables supporters to enjoy as much of the coming campaign as possible. The club is hoping to welcome supporters back to the Utilita Energy Stadium from October, though the capacity will be limited to approximately 7,000.

Season tickets will therefore, based on a reflection of sales from the previous season, be split into two categories: ‘Claret’ and ‘Amber’.

Fixtures will be divided as fairly as possible - taking into account the dates and kick-off times of each match, ensuring supporters can watch approximately half of City’s remaining 2020/21 home fixtures - and categorised as either ‘Claret’ or ‘Amber’, meaning only those with that respective ‘City For All’ season ticket will be admitted."

Top Bottom