The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Steven Gerrard let his player(s), his team and football down on Thursday night. I don't mean the defeat, but in not taking his players off and refusing to play until the racists (virtually every 'fan' in the stadium) were removed. UEFA would have had no choice than to back him, after all, that game should have been played behind closed doors anyway to punish the other team for err.... racist behaviour but they asked if they could allow 10,000 children in who exhibited the same behaviour as the ones who'd got them the punishment in the first place!

carpiste

Guru
Steven Gerrard let his player(s), his team and football down on Thursday night. I don't mean the defeat, but in not taking his players off and refusing to play until the racists (virtually every 'fan' in the stadium) were removed. UEFA would have had no choice than to back him, after all, that game should have been played behind closed doors anyway to punish the other team for err.... racist behaviour but they asked if they could allow 10,000 children in who exhibited the same behaviour as the ones who'd got them the punishment in the first place!
It has to be said that UEFA and FIFA are showing their arses allowing this kind of thing to continue. It is an utter disgrace, and to see kids following their elders in the same way is just sickening. Monkey see, monkey do, springs to mind!
I also believe Gerrard should have acted on behalf of his players, and for football in general. And why didn`t the players, led by their captain, not walk off?
It seems to me that UEFA are protecting the racists by their ridiculous fines and, so called, punishments. They are a laughing stock.
But, why? I think they allow this to go on to protect their own interests. There must be a reason for their dismal action, or should I say inaction!
They are either all racist, all completely stupid in the belief the public can`t see what is happening, or they are protecting the cash cow that is modern day football!
To see children behaving in this manner is the most concerning thing to me. They are the future of football!

Slick

Guru
I'm not entirely convinced that is Gerrards decision to take. Yes, it was disgusting but it was an atmosphere sanctioned by UEFA and for me, its akin to victim blaming. I think questions need asked, but its UEFA and the home club that should be answering them.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'm not entirely convinced that is Gerrards decision to take. Yes, it was disgusting but it was an atmosphere sanctioned by UEFA and for me, its akin to victim blaming. I think questions need asked, but its UEFA and the home club that should be answering them.
I think it was. If any player is subjected to abuse, his manager can take his players off the field. And that player was subjected to intense and sustained racist abuse.

carpiste

Guru
I think it was. If any player is subjected to abuse, his manager can take his players off the field. And that player was subjected to intense and sustained racist abuse.
It has to be said that the captain, and players have also a responsibility and should be leading the team off the pitch. They are all culpable I think. But that isn`t to blame them for the disgraceful behavior of so called fans ( children)

Slick

Guru
We can agree on that.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I watched the Utd V Everton game yesterday. A good game for neutrals.
Ronaldo did not look a happy bunny.
I think I would be unhappy if I was only on half a million a week :rolleyes:
Hopefully we can turn Citeh over today but it will not be easy.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Hopefully we can turn Citeh over today but it will not be easy.

No chance. I'm wearing my lucky socks.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Is there nothing worse than your team conceding a goal with the last kick of the match? :angry:
Your team going bust?

Meanwhile, yesterday Pompey made sunshine in the foul weather. Eight games (seven league) without a win. Table-topping Sunderland the visitors. Black Cats sent home with wet tails between their legs, 4-0. Hopefully this is how the rest of the campaign goes....

Top Bottom