The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The current top 5 in the prem are the only teams with positive goal difference.
All the others 15 have either negative or neutral goal difference.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
From today some venues will be legally required to check the Covid status of visitors over 18. This applies to "any venue with more than 10,000 people."

Government Guidance

Need to scroll a long way to reach the relevant section.

As it happens I already have a Covid passport and will get one for my son and because he's disabled we have easy access.

I can see Saturday will be chaotic at the ground.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I don't know how many people in this thread attend live games regularly and/or plan to go on Saturday. We go to every home game. I've had a Covid pass for months but my son doesn't. He doesn't have the mental capacity to do this for himself so I've been looking at it tonight. I haven't finished yet and have to visit him to get a face scan.

My advice would be don't wait till the morning of the match as there are lot of steps to go through. You can though get a Covid pass which is only valid for 72 hours and though I haven't tried yet I think this will be simpler.

Apparently 20% or more of fans will be spot checked.

Last edited:

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Not football sorry but covid pass related. Gloucester rugby will check every attendee for either a valid covid pass or proof of a negative lateral flow test for admission into Kingsholm for Friday nights game.

yello

Leicester v Spurs off.

I think Spurs harder hit than Leicester, even though Leicester would have had to cobble something together at CB - but that's as much due the injury situation as Covid.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
This will be interesting......Ewood Park. Now!
IMG_20211218_120137911.jpg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Just cancel the weekend for the Premier League.

On top of our 'normal' injuries we (Chelsea) have 4 players positive and 1 out with symptoms. 3 others out with 'normal' injuries 2 of which were caused by clod teams that shouldn't be playing at the top level imo.

Whole front line missing again as per against the woeful Everton earlier in the week.

What's the criteria for cancelling a game?

yello

What's the criteria for cancelling a game?

It does seem injuries play a part, and not just Covid. It seems that if you're unable to field a team, for reasons of injury and Covid then postponement is a possible. What the magic number is for 'unable to field a team' is, I'm not sure - 9 of the squad??

I was intrigued too because, and I'm going to phrase this a bit indelicately sadly, but we (Leicester) seemed to get the rub of the green with this. We've players out, yes, but mainly injury - Covid is mainly impacting our subs bench. Of the headline '7 out due to Covid', I think only 3 (Lookman, Iheanacho and Perez) impact on the starting 11 choice - all are more-or-less the same position, so kinda only '1 out' in truth. In short, we could have made do.

Where we were genuinely struggling was at centre back, first choices out through injury - and the subs bench effected by Covid (Vestegard, Benkovic - and it'd be a cold day in hell before he starts!)

So, yes, indelicate and harsh, but I reckon Leicester have done arguably well out of the postponements - hopefully our 2 injured CBs will be back and available for selection by next week.

That all said, we've apparently had 2 more test positive but I don't know who they are - or even if they are players.

Top Bottom